Vacation

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got back from a three day trip to Michigan to see my wife's family. While there I stopped by a sporting goods store called Jay's in Gaylord MI. This place blew my mind and then some, being a resident of NY we are experiencing shortages of everything. I know believe that it is ten time worst here in NY than in other places. I could easily spend hours in that place. I ended up buying a box of 9mm 124 gr. XTP can't find any 9mm stuff here in NY. I also picked up a box of .50 cal 325 gr. Speer Uni-Cores another thing I cant find, to top it off I got 200 of the Noble 1075 caps. I have tried to order these into NY and nobody can seem to get them.

In Wisconsin, some places have plenty and then others are dry. But at least all the merchants knew that due to the shortages they could raise the prices, and rob us for items that now are marked up 100% more then normal.

Where is Claire located in relation to the port of huron? I absolutely hate going any where near Detroit I always end up getting lost in the wrong part of town and the wrong time of day.

Clare is NW of Port Huron. It"s about 90 miles south of Gaylord. Almost in the center of the lower part of the state.

I've heard good things about 'Jays', but never been there, yet. If I lived in NY, I'd put an out of state sporting goods store stop high on my list during travels.

Back