An Interesting TV Program

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
I watched a rather interesting show, if you like the reality staged shows. It was called the "Last Frontiersman." It was on the Discovery Channel. The reason I found it interesting is for the most part, there were four different individuals that moved in to the wilds of the United States... One in Idaho, a couple in Colorado, and one in New Mexico. And they hunted with round ball and flintlocks. It did a good job of showing early pioneer gear, and some what of their life style, although they had some modern stuff too. But over all it was better then most of the junk on the tube. If you see it, you might tune in if your a channel surfer like me.

I had to smile when they were telling how deadly powerful the flintlocks were. And they were using round ball for goodness sake hunting black bear. Just thought I would throw a heads up.

At the time it would have offered a longer range tool than a bow, not as fast on a second shot though.

Back