Food bank donations today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Duster

Reaction score
Met up with the food bank guy this afternoon and passed along two deer taken with my MK85. Got one antlerless tag left to fill and archery/crossbow is in for a while longer to use it in. This was #114 & #115 of donated deer this year to the Want Not-Waste Not program. They are shooting for 120 this year which will be double the first years donations. Went over this morning to try and find any sign of the one I shot yesterday evening. Had no luck finding even that first drop of blood after spending 2 hours looking. Part of it on my hands and knees on the trail she went out on. While waiting for enough tracking light I took a small doe this morning, nothing special just about a 100 lb dressed doe, high lung shot at 30 yards, 25 yard recovery. She made it back into the jungle but not far. I heard her crash and walked right to her within 5 yards. Hitting her where I did makes me think I shot over the doe last night, gun seems to be shooting a tad high for some reason.

Way to go T. That is a very commendable thing you do - giving of your time & treasure so others can eat (and eat yummy venison!)

T-Duster
In Alaska it is called hunting for hunger program. Great job

I am new to this forum thank you
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back