Makes you want to put in for the Ky elk lottery

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Duster

Reaction score
One taken this year. First over 400 inch Bull in the state. Score was 408. Came from over in eastern part of the state. I would have loved to see this bad boy in velvet. Was taken with modern firearm.

That is a lot of elk, I hope a few swim across the river into Ohio.

That is a huge bull! In any state, any where, yes, I wish I could draw a tag there!!
Thanks for the picture

Great elk. I've put in for Kentucky elk for the past few years, but have not been drawn. Maybe I'll try again next year.

DPH said:
Great elk. I've put in for Kentucky elk for the past few years, but have not been drawn. Maybe I'll try again next year.

Good luck, I quit putting in for the lottery once I started keeping track of those drawn. Some resident guys have drawn as many as three times, a lot have drawn twice. A lot and I mean a LOT have never even drew a cow tag with any weapon. Now that they started selling multiple chances in order to only make more money I will keep mine. There was a lot of unanswered questions over the way the lottery was ran also. Way to many free tags given away for fund raisers that go for major $$$. Then the deal of shipping elk out of state to jump start populations was also a sore point to me when we have guys that have put in for years and never drawn. Not even a chance of a point system that could improve your chances over the years. They say we don't have enough elk to support that but ship them by the truck load out of state. They even traded several elk to Wisconsin for some Grouse, now that's one heck of a deal ya think. I was talking to a guy from up there not long ago, he said thanks for the Wolf food.

I live near the Va. and Ky border and some have jump the line and mixed with the ones we stock, or so I have been told. That is a nioce one.

I've been putting in for the elk lottery since it started (resident) and have never been drawn. A pastor buddy of mine got drawn this year and hunted near where this elk was taken but only saw a bear. The lack of preference points is frustrating but I still keep throwing them my $10 fee on the chance of shooting an elk like this one - WOW :shock: :yeah:

Latest posts

Back