Its gunna be a wonderful winter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CVA7589 said:
Wow i know this post is a few days old but thats some good lookin and soundin stuff u should sell some i think u would have some buyers lol :applause: :yeah: and another thing bud but how did u figure out all this thats crazyness !!

I cant sell it without the proper license. I give away more for gifts than i drink. There is a homebrew talk forum with sections for cider, mead and even sake. Its actually pretty easy to make. Waiting for it to age is the hard part. :D
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php

I normally use 1118, 71B or V1116 but i did use Montrachet on one batch and loved it. Ferment dry then back sweeten with one can of AJ concentrate per gallon. My cran-apple i used a quart of cran-apple juice instead of the AJ concentrate. I prefer it with a lower ABV and slightly carbonated which is a total PITA to make slightly sweet.

OH yeah. You have to walk too fine a line to carbonate and have a sweet. I used to try all that thrillseeker stuff. Lately I dont even brew beer all grain anymore. Results are almost always better, easy known recipes, much less to go wrong. Ive had my share of blown bottles and dump batches. easy and simple works for me. Especially when very little time is available to watch, time and monitor the process

getting back into brewing again, I was rooting around in some old bottles and came across 2 marked apple mead. They have to be about 10-12 years old now. I just popped into a 750ml wine bottle. Strong stuff, mellow dry, could have used a sweetening, and more apple.(and better finning, its a bit cloudy) Maybe in the secondary to boost the fruityness. Setting up for a 3 gallon batch of cherry now. Going with 2 lbs per gallon of honey add nutrients and ferment. Then add the cherry in the secondary. Think Ill rack one gallon into a 1 gal, and try a vanilla ( ill just float 2-3 sliced lengthways whole beans), then add the 96oz can of cherry puree into the secondary for a 3 gal batch.

I started a mullberry wine a couple days ago. I had a request for a STRONG mullberry so i used EC1118, pure mullberry juice and alot of sugar for a gallon. Estimated ABV 18%+ :shock:

I have 2 mullberry trees in the back yard that are heavy producers. One is huge. I may need to harvest mullberries this year if this turns out good.

The high ABV black mulberry wine turned out awesome. Very very good mulberry flavor and sweet.

Ive got an experiment going right now with Kirkland Cranberry Cherry 9 juice blend. It has no added sugar or even ascorbic acid. I added 1 cup 50/50 sugar/honey powder for a starting SG of 1.078. Safcider yeast with Fermaid-K nutrient was used and fermented in the coolest part of the basement.

Gravity just before racking into the secondary was 1.000 for a estimated ABV of 10.3ish%. Carboy was topped off with cheap Walmart AJ.

Apple ginger cider. Ive got a test bottle carbonating right now. You just ferment dry and add 1 tsp of dextrose to a liter soda bottle. Top off with the cider (leaving some headpspace) and let it sit someplace safe for 7-10 days. Ive got it in a sealed 5 gallon bucket in case it decides to burst.

I barely added in sugar to the initial ferment. Just 1 can of apple juice concentrate to a gallon of fresh pressed cider. This will be closer to a true cider in ABV than an apple wine. End result will be a carbonated dry apple ginger "ale" if all goes well. :D

Got some "rocket fuel" going yesterday. Its really going to town today. This is Korean rice syrup, ginger and a citron tea (called yuja) flavored ferment. I wanted to try this just for a cooking wine. Should end up dry at around 14% if i did the math right. I made sure to use a yeast that will hit 18% no problem but there should not be enough sugars to go that high.
VsPFjgw.jpg

Back