Kids grow up so fast!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
Hello everyone, been quite some time since I have posted on this site. New job, new home and loooong work hours/weeks pretty much put a damper on my life style. Anyway I'm starting to cut back my hours and take my life back and trying to enjoy what I have missed out on the past 6+ years. Took the kids out this morning (the younger 2) for some 22 shooting fun. Had a blast. It was my 8 year old sons 1st time shooting a gun. Same little CZ Scout that I bought for my oldest son on his 8th birthday. The little guy did great. My daughter finally got to fire her Walther P22 that I bought for her years ago. It just sat in the safe almost forgotten. Today made me realize what I have missed out on over the last 6 years and got me thinking how my oldest son, now 21, has passed me by. Pretty depressing thinking he will be moving on soon. I barely see him with his full time job, girlfriend, his own place, etc... and how tough it will be to get even few minutes of father son with him again. I have been there every step of his life, every goal scored, every at bat, every tackle and every stitch, until my new job. Sometimes the simpler you live the happier and more full your life really is. Enjoy your time with your children and make the best of it. They grow up so fast and it will be over before you know it!!! What a difference 6 years makes. My daughter is a 17 year old lady now and my little man is now 8. I didn't even see it coming.

Welcome back Frank!

I couldn't agree more that they grow up to fast. As the dad/husband/provider I struggle with balancing how much I work to provide a good life for them vs working to much that I'm not around. I struggle with it daily. I made a conscience decision last year when my oldest turned 10 that I am cutting out anything in my life that doesn't include them. They grow so fast and I would rather be spending time with them (all 4 of em) than doing anything else.

Back