Cabelas CG 15 Vacuum Sealer?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALW

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Cabelas 15" Commercial Grade Vacuum Sealer, or similar model?

I was trapped by the relatively new to Canada Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping phenomenon and couldn't not buy one on sale for $249.99 from regular $499.99. :lol: I was in the market for one, as it is the last (for now) piece of gear I wanted/needed for home sausage making, as well as for garden vegetables, etc.

I've read a fair number of reviews online, which run the gambit from "best sealer ever" to "piece of junk" but wondering if any members on here have anything to offer by way of experience? Thank you in advance.

Mine has been great it's an older model of the same machine probably 10 years old.

No experience with that model.

I purchased a top of the line "Food Saver" vacuum sealer its got to be fifteen years ago or more maybe. It still works fine. BUT keep it covered up when not in use. I have almost like a gun case it sits it. Its very important they don't get dusty or full of gunk. I so sometimes gently wash the sealing bars with warm water but other then that it works perfect. I would hate to think how many deer went through that sealer. And the hype is true, that meat will sit in the freezer for even years, and still be good. Mine can seal containers for storing like sugar and flour, and of course the bags. It will even seal (not vacuum) things like a bag of chips you have not finished. Mine was the best one the company made.

Now the kicker. My folks were so impressed with mine they bought an el-cheapo model at Wal Mart. And it worked fine for a couple years. But last time I was at Dad's he told me when I wanted to use it, don't bother it don't work. I tried to make it work but it just would not do it.

Latest posts

Back