Holiday video and music thread

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well everyone, its almost that time of year again to share some of your favorite songs and performances. Thanks to Matt, this year we can have imbedded links but lets try to keep it to one per post. If you have more than one just include the link to Youtube and only imbed ONE video per post or make another post please.

Last year (or the year before) i heard a song by a lady name Becky Kelley. It is called. "Where is the Line to see Jesus". It about a young boy who goes to the mall and sees the line to see Santa. He asks his mom. "Where is the Line to See Jesus?". I was floored he got IT and i was a bit ashamed of myself.

Out of the mouths of babes come profound truths many adults can not understand

This is the original version of the song and video. I like it much more than the "official" version.

Now for a video i recently saw by Celtic Woman. I am a fan of Celtic music but not a huge fan of the band. This lady though has such talent and a genuine smile i have to post it. She could light up the worst day with just one look.

The Christmas Song

This is a newer song by Becky. Some of us go through a hard time every year during the holidays. I lost my mom a few days before Christmas many years ago and my aunt just lost her mother in-law this week. My step mother and good friend is now in assisted care. My father could no longer take care of her and manage his own health. She has the final stages of Alzheimers and needs 24/7 care.

I took my dad home from the hospital yesterday and he is doing great. I get to spend another holiday with my dad but some are not so lucky. Lets remember those who are far from home this holiday and those who wont be coming home. Lets set a place at the table for those who wont be there. Let us honor their memory and the time we had together.

Lets...
Send an Angel

Last edited:
One of the most unusual duets and my personal favorite Christmas song.

Bowie and Bing :D

Last edited:
This is a favorite from my childhood. We used to laugh every time we heard it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats better. Now lets have some fun too.

Adult language and content in the title and lyrics so im not posting it embedded.

Who put the "weener" on the snowman. :D

Very nice Mossy. Little Drummer Boy is one of my favorites and that one is nicely done. Wow, Cloverton plays that beautifully.

This is my all time favorite. My aunt was just a few years older than me and my Dad worked on my Grandpas farm so we spent a lot of time together. She had this song on a 45 and I swear we wore it out. Takes me back to a simpler time and happy memories.

Bing sung lots of good ones. i even liked the White Christmas movie with Bing.

Last edited:
That's a great post. Some of them songs sure bring back memories. Coming from a very Scandinavian heritage you can only guess who we listened to. I still have many of their albums. Yorgi Yorgenssen, Jimmy Jensen the singing swede, and Stan Boreson ( ) All of them were played over and over at our home.

And the women singing Amazing Grace always makes me thing of my mother. It was one of her favorite songs. And of course being as old as I am, Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby's White Christmas, and so many other singers, dancers, actors, were all a part of my growing up.

So I enjoyed the post and listening to the music. I posted a link to Stan Boreson. It's one of his songs I get a real kick out of. Especially these days.

This is the lady that got me interested in Celtic influenced styles of music. Im not sure if its because im Scottish/Irish with a splash of German or she is just so talented.

Loreena McKennit- Dante's Prayer
[youtube]3iBCZQezA3E[/youtube]

GM54-120 said:
One of the most unusual duets and my personal favorite Christmas song.

Bowie and Bing :D
[youtube]DiXjbI3kRus[/youtube]

My favorite as well
I remember watching that Christmas Special on TV the year it was shown.
Classic!

I remember it too. Bing died a few weeks later at 74. Its was his last TV appearance. I must admit the version Mossy posted is really outstanding. Ive listened to it several times now and the Cloverton video of Hallelujah.

I loved the animated version of Little Drummer Boy also.

Wise king:There is a King among kings who would save your little friend
Aaron: The Babe but i do not understand?
Wise king: It is not necessary that you understand. Go to him.
Aaron: I have no gift to bring.
Wise king: Go to him, look upon the new born King.

And as Aaron looked at the the Babe, he thought it was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen.

Aaron: And yet there is something more about Him. So much more.
Wise king: Your gift little drummer boy given out of the simple desperation of a pure love is the one favored above all

Back