To all mambers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sorry about not being able to post in the classifieds or even reply so that I could communicate with any of you. I didn't even know about this forum until Ed told me about it. But this forum has a crazy rule about not being able to post in the classifieds until you have at least 25 posts! But whatever.
GM-120 maybe if you complained to the moderators about that the forum would have more members. And so what if they don't. If someone has a good item to sell why not be able to post it - even if its the only post the person ever made. That to me is a win win situation.
I plan on sticking around a while and seeing what the other members have to say. Maybe some of my 40+ years of muzzleloading experience will help someone here and it is very likely I can learn a thing or two myself.

Not a crazy rule when one of our members gets scammed by a one time poster just coming here to sale. This has happened on more than one occasion. We currently have over 10,000 members...Think that is pretty good. I was lenient with you and allowed you to let Ed post your gun. Hind sight guess I shouldn't have.

And, GM54-120 is a Admin/Moderator and he was/is in agreement with the 25 post policy.

Its super simple. We had a guy join and one of the first things he did was post an item for sale. He then tried to screw the buyer. Hal had to get involved to get the buyer either his cash back or the item. Putting in the 25 post rule was voted on by all the mods and passed.

At least you can read anything on this forum without even joining. I know of several you cant. I know of forums you can not sell on without paying a fee. I know of at least one you can not even read the "for sales" without paying a fee. As you can see we have ZERO advertising. This forum is self funded and has ZERO sponsors unlike most others. No ads whatsoever actually.

Resources are limited here so the 25 post rule helps prevent a problem without any added costs or effort.

I think it's a good rule and should be followed!! If you don't like the rules here, there's plenty forums you can share your opinions with. You asked what others thought, so that's my thoughts!!

25 posts are not that many and due to the problems of a few it was necessary. The rule makes new members post a few times so we can get a feel for them before allowing them to sell to the members. I personally support the rule, our mods, and the Owner of the site.

I agree.
If anyone who's interested in ML or has years of experience and wishes to share - shouldn't take long at all to make 25 post.

Are there really other sites?

52Bore said:
Are there really other sites?

A couple but they are pretty dead and/or loaded with banners/ads/large corporate sponsor funding. :D

Here, its just us and our opinions.

I love this forum, it has provided me hours of enjoyment. Also I have learned many things about muzzleloading in the short time ive been here. Totally agree with all the rules.

OK I guess I can see where you guys are coming from. Halloflin I appreciate you allowing Ed to post that rifle for me.
I guess I've been fortunate enough to have never been scammed. And I wouldn't even think about cheating someone. I don't want any members to get the wrong idea of me. I was born in a generation where people respected one another and their property. These days it seems that you just can't trust a lot of people.
And I agree it's true, it won't take long to have 25 posts. But I do have one question. Why can't I even respond to a post in the classifieds? What if there was something listed that I was really interested in but didn't have my 25 posts? Then the seller and I would both miss out. Not complaining, just asking.

I dont think the forum software can be adjusted that way. You can still contact a seller through a PM though. There is no post requirement for using PMs.

bronko220002 said:
OK I guess I can see where you guys are coming from. Halloflin I appreciate you allowing Ed to post that rifle for me.
I guess I've been fortunate enough to have never been scammed. And I wouldn't even think about cheating someone. I don't want any members to get the wrong idea of me. I was born in a generation where people respected one another and their property. These days it seems that you just can't trust a lot of people.
And I agree it's true, it won't take long to have 25 posts. But I do have one question. Why can't I even respond to a post in the classifieds? What if there was something listed that I was really interested in but didn't have my 25 posts? Then the seller and I would both miss out. Not complaining, just asking.

Thanks for your reply but the 25 post rule is for both posting for sale as well as buying. I see that you had originally joined in 2008 with your last post in 2012 and had a total of 6 posts (this was under a different name but with the same email address. Bronko22000 versus the Bronko22002 that you registered under recently). So, if you had come back in under that original name you would have already been half way there. 25 posts is pretty easy to do. We had actually considered 50 but decided on 25. I know of a website that recently raised theirs to 100.

Thanks

2008 and 2012! Geez Louise no wonder I forgot about this forum. Getting old does have its drawbacks I guess. :lol: It didn't even dawn on me when I tried to used the old sign on name and it said it was already in use and when tried every password I ever used without being able to log in I thought it may have been someone else so I added the "2". :huh?:

And to all those guys complaining that I didn't post any replies or answer PMs. The reason being is because I didn't get any PMs! In fact my PM count is still showing "0". And I cannot post any replies in the classifieds yet until I get to the 25 post minimum. It's not my fault. Just the way the forum is designed for your protection. It's not that I'm being ignorant or not being courteous. I would have gladly answered all PM had I received any.

I belong to a local forum that had an open policy for the classifieds, we started getting brand new members abusing this privilege by buying a low priced item and instantly re-posting at a higher price, most on there consider each other friends and would post items at cost not wanting to profit from friendship, there were also a few that tried to scam some members.
Moderators finally stepped in and made it so new members had to have a minimum number of posts, the catch is that no one knows how many you need, they are determined by the quality of the post, "me too" only posts don't count, it's a good rule and anyone not wanting to comply usually just fade away, the problems stopped and life goes on.

edited to say; Oh yeah, don't call me mamby :wink:

Back