Parts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunnyMack

Reaction score
Hey guys, sure hope someone here has the info I'm looking for.

A customer of mine has a Rem 700 ML, old style. Lately it has not been reliably going off. He asked me to track down new main spring, have those on the way, but I'm trying to track down a firing pin. Remington doesn't have any, nor does Gun parts or Jack First.

If anyone knows who or where to find parts please let me know!
Thanks

A1smokepole,
I don't have the gun yet, I'm trying to gets parts together before the guy brings it to me. I'll try to get in touch with him and get back to you.
Thanks

If you get this 209 conversion kit it comes with a new firing pin. I think the whole kit runs about $80 and will convert the 700ML to reliably use Blackhorn209 powder as well.

badger_rem700ML_upgrade.jpg

Derfhunter would be the best source of info about the 700ML. I would send him a PM.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7198

The conversion kit GM shows is what I put in one of mine and it works very well. its the only way to go derfhunter is the one that makes the parts.

I don't believe you will get the kit and breech plug with vent for $80, I think it's around $45 or so more for the breech plug and I'm not sure if that includes the vent liner.

BuckDoeHunter said:
I don't believe you will get the kit and breech plug with vent for $80, I think it's around $45 or so more for the breech plug and I'm not sure if that includes the vent liner.

http://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com ... -nose-kits

arrowhead will no longer be selling the Hunter bolt nose kit for the 700ml builds
I will be selling them directly

80.00 shipped, PM if interested

I have no idea what all it includes but....That was straight from hunter.

Its likely the kit does not include a breach plug. The post i linked was for SML applications and many of those builds were using a Savage plug. Hunter also offers a "smoker" kit that is made for the OEM Remington barrel. I think that kit includes a breach plug but im not sure of the cost.

GunnyMack said:
Hey guys, sure hope someone here has the info I'm looking for.

A customer of mine has a Rem 700 ML, old style. Lately it has not been reliably going off. He asked me to track down new main spring, have those on the way, but I'm trying to track down a firing pin. Remington doesn't have any, nor does Gun parts or Jack First.

If anyone knows who or where to find parts please let me know!
Thanks

I wrote about how to keep those old guns running on my blog... basically you need to tear the bolt totally down, scrub everything and replace the main spring. Also the nipples deform and need to be reshaped or replaced. I'd suggest canning the original system and going with a bolt nose mod.

I have everything you want for the 209 bolt nose converted Remington 700 ML here: http://www.BadgerRidgeInd.com (yes, its my write ups and pictures pasted in the posts above... I hope they help). Or feel free to PM me.

We build brand new bolt bodies, stock the main spring, Lehigh vent liners (selling them cheaper than Lehigh does), .036 gage pins to know when the vent liner is opened up, stock complete 209 bolt nose conversion kits, can build a bolt from scratch, and will sell the long noses too if you want one to go with a smokeless conversion (you need to email, PM or call me for long noses).

We also support the Ruger 77/50's with bolt nose conversions and complete 209 converted bolts etc.

5% discount code for Modern Muzzle loader members if you PM me. Let me know how I can help....

complete-kit-with-mainspring.jpg

Back