Christmas was good but expensive

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Duster

Reaction score
Kid's got to love them but they will drive you crazy. Our youngest daughter lives in NW Indiana, disabled from a brain injury but still can drive and such lives alone. She wanted to drive down for Christmas so we sent her a couple hundred extra to make the trip. Everything went great until Monday when she went to get the oil changed in her car that was overdue, Synthetic oil change $60. On the way back here the tailpipe falls off her car, OK called a muffler shop and got set up to repair. Another hundred gone, while looking at her car noticed two bald tires she said was good. OK out another two hundred for tires put on. Just has to leave headed north asap. After being near 4 hours overdue with no call she made it safe, she did call half way and all was well. Wife is going crazy on the phone, tried her several times but straight to voicemail. I got the idea to call the local police in the town she lives in to see if they could check on her to see if she made it back. Yep....10 minutes later we got a call from her, police had just left. Just forgot to call she says. OH and by the way I got a speeding ticket up near here....81 in a 60. Told the wife I must have fixed her car to good. Being on fixed income with help from us each month is the only way she could make it. We know she don't have the money to pay a fine.....how much is the ticket...$159.00 and I can mail it in, so wife sends her a check. At my age I don't need anymore Christmas like this last one.. :nono:

You are a good father. No matter how old they get they are still our kids. Great that you are able to help out.

The good times just go on and on. I hope your new year is a dandy!

Back