Just lost my little buddy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
He was the most amazing cat for the last 12 years. Bucket passed away in my lap just minutes ago. He battled ceruminous carcinoma for nearly a year. Its a cancer of the ear wax gland. He fought it like a trooper every step of the way. His nickname was Bucket because he loved to watch you fill a bucket and then knock it over to get a drink.

Gunna miss you buddy. He loved guarding the deck from Mr Squirrel.
IMG_0301_zpsoxxwzak4.jpg

IMG_0303_zpsotix4bhq.jpg

IMG_0333_zpscfoveibj.jpg

IMG_0301_zpsoxxwzak4.jpg

Very sorry to hear. It's never easy looking a good pet. They really do become members of the family.

Sorry for your loss. My cat is 21 & still going strong. Had him 19 years. He outlasted his vet! Not sure how I'll handle that day…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is always sad to loose a pet. And I understand how close you can become to one. Perhaps another needy cat to fill his place might help. Again, sorry for your loss.

Sorry to here about your loss. It is amazing how we can get attached to our pets and they to us.

I had a long time to prepare. It was VERY hard watching his final moments. He was sleeping rather well and all of a sudden he had a seizure and was gone within a couple minutes. Im not sure if he was even conscious. It didn't look like it and he didn't make a sound. I hate having that as a last memory but i would have hated it more knowing he died alone while i was asleep. I could not bring myself to have him put down at the vet. He would cry terribly in the car ride there. Bucket went when and where he wanted to be most...In my lap at home.

I laid him to rest in the back yard wrapped in nice linen. Complete with a marble marker.

Sorry for your loss man, I know how it is to lose a friend I lost 2 cats in 2 weeks a couple years ago from either a fox or fisher cat. I felt horrible.. I couldn't live without my kitties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sorry for your loss! I have to admit I wasn't a cat lover most of my life. We didn't have a cat or dog while growing up. When I got married the wife just had to have both, but over the years she wasn't taking care of them so I had to. Roughly a decade or so she brought this black kitten home that was being tormented by some kids in a trailer park, for herself. The kitten turned out to be male an we had him "fixed" an declawed as he was going to be a inside cat. Long story short he took up with me from day one! I never had any animal do that before, he is near me right now an keeps an eye out for me an follows me around the house everywhere. He can be a pain sometimes, but is a good pet overall.

I have buried several dogs and a few cats we have had in over forty years from cancer to being killed in the road. I don't know how I'm gonna take his eventual passing...

I can empathize totally GM, you were there for him at the end. As suggested above, when you are ready to move on, another will bond with you and be a good companion.

So sorry for your loss. They never are " Just a cat". 5 years ago Old Man went wherever the LORD has prepared for His critters. Been a cat man all my life. Like dogs too, but cats are like having another person around. My daughter's pit bull ( hi Portia) is like having a 2 year old again.
Cherish the memories.

Latest posts

Back