Irs spam calls

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmfdred56

Reaction score
Anyone else getting the irs scammer calls? It is truly the highlight of my day every day when they call! Every day I spend 10-20 minutes on the phone with them doing nothing more than wasting their time and harassing them! Truly epic!

I used to get them, but I stopped answering my phone a long time ago after getting caller ID. I let all calls that I don't know the phone number or name of caller go to my answering machine. They finally stopped calling but once in awhile I get a call that leaves no message but caller ID says IRS or Internal Revenue. Latest one that was non stop was from Newfoundland, NJ. They call but leave no message other than "Hello is anyone there?" I googled the phone number and that showed it to be Surveys and what not, and those that answered the phone would still get calls from there and they started trying to beg or scam money. They called from about 7:45am to 9PM as many as 4 times a day. After 2 weeks they have stopped calling so far.

I couldn't tell you the last time i had a "spam" call using a Ooma phone. I didnt port over my old number and i dont know if they filter stuff but i dont get garbage phone calls at all.

Fmfdred56 said:
That's to bad guys they really are fun!

Now you have to even be careful having fun with them. When they ask "is this whatever your name is" and you say yes there's a scam out there That they use that recording of you saying yes as permission for whatever their con may be.

I do however like to mess with the daily calls to the office from phone companies. I simply say we don't have phone phone lines here! Some of the responses I get just make me shake my head.

I deleted my name from my answering machine too. It now just has the default message that says "leave a brief message after the tone." So unless they really know who they are calling, I'm not the one giving them my name.

Mohamad Bali is my favorite I messed with him for so long the other day that he finally told me he was a scammer but we were friends now so he wouldn't try to scam me anymore I've used his name every time since lol.

depends on what mood I'm in or what I'm doin' at the time. I like to screw with their heads when the opportunity arises. I heard about the scam if you answer 'yes' to anything so, I never ever say 'yes' while talkin' to them. if they're sellin' somethin' I listen to the pitch. then when they get to the part where they say 'would you like to purchase whatever' I simply ask "did I call you?" this usually leads to a confused pause followed by 'uh, no' to which I say "well, that shoulda been yer first clue" then hang-up.

for the particularly annoyin' ones, when they ask 'is this________' I give my best surly growl & say "WHADDA YOU WANT" before hangin' up on them.

Caller ID is wonderful. When I see the fun numbers showing on the phone I answer it "Hello, you've reached the Minnesota branch of the FBI, fraud calls division. What is the nature of your call?"

Back