Remington 700 UM Cleaning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pop Pop

Reaction score
I just got the Remington 700 UM. Sited in same. How the hell do you clean the gun. Manual says for general Maint, not to remove the breech plug. On my other inlines & removed the plug to clean the barrel. I called Remington & they were not that helpful. Said they would get back to me. Anyone out there ever clean one of these guns.
Thanks
TROP

TROP said:
I just got the Remington 700 UM. Sited in same. How the hell do you clean the gun. Manual says for general Maint, not to remove the breech plug. On my other inlines & removed the plug to clean the barrel. I called Remington & they were not that helpful. Said they would get back to me. Anyone out there ever clean one of these guns.
Thanks
TROP

Of course :)

As with the UF Inc., its not necessary to remove the BP. However many still do, as long as it will come out easily. The RUM has a harder BP than the UF, which after around 15 to 20 rounds will not come out. If you try to remove it, just don't break off the nipple from the BP. You'll need a long extension and deep socket to go through the action. I suggest 1/4" and not ref on it.
If you don't remove it, here's how I clean and when finished, its clean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOHvlvVjIBg

Latest posts

Back