OK gunsmith?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredB

Reaction score
I need help finding a good gunsmith in the Oklahoma City area. All I need is to have my ML drilled and tapped to mount peep sights, but I'm not sure who to trust. The gun has been collecting dust in one gunsmith's shop for eight weeks now, and I'm quite tired of waiting. The season is fast approaching, and I need to get to the range. :wall:

Sorry to hear about the delay. You could of got it back much sooner by shipping it off. Do some Google searching.

What type of gun?

TC Northwest Explorer, .50 cal. I understand it's the same as the Omega, but with a 1:48 twist. It's supposed to like the 350 grain maxi-hunter and 370 grain maxi-balls really well. I'm putting a Williams WGRS peep on the back, and a small brass bead on the front. Thought about a fancier front sight, but decided to go for simple, rugged and proven. I'll be using it on a November mule deer hunt in Idaho.
Took it to a new gunsmith today. R & S Gun Service in Moore, OK. It's supposed to take about a week. I'll report back when I pick it up.

Latest posts

Back