Thoughts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
I had one neighbor complain that he doesn't see any big bucks anymore. He is the same neighbor that said he hit 7 bucks last year with his bow and never recovered any. Another neighbor with younger kids said they lost 5 bucks with a bow. I did find 5 smaller dead bucks on my ground this Spring, perhaps some of the same.
Also had a neighboring farm sell to several Amish families. 43 names on the deed. If they all take two deer apiece I may not see many hereafter. Also many 5 acre mini-ranchettes around my area now that have hunting stands. I have seen somewhat less deer of late and the sheds I find are generally smaller. We shall see.

I think I'd be speaking with a local CO and ask that he verify those hits/unrecovered deer with these people. One I can understand, but 7 at one spot and 5 at yet another is just plain wrong. I'd be posting my land too and do it by the book so nobody can loophole you. Damn...12 wasted deer is shameful.

I think you will be lucky if the Amish only take 2 apiece. They are stone cold killers this way.

Get out there and get your deer frist,have that problem here in ky. to,amish bought land behind my friends place all the little game gone.Think they were even eyeing his dog.lol

jims said:
said he hit 7 bucks last year with his bow and never recovered any.

That right there is disgusting!!! I would be sick and give up hunting if I did that. Maybe you need to offer him some shooting lessons or something.

Integrity , some have it, some don't.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Back