.50 cal poly-patches

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeroyking

Reaction score
hi, I am new here but have read some of the posts from back some years and I am looking for some .50 cal poly-patches, if anybody knows where i can find some let me know please, you can text me at (479) 857-4680. I read that some people had some questions about safety and the ball coming loose from the patch inside the barrel, if you take just a dab of rubber cement and put it in the patch then put a ball in it and gently push the ball in just a little and let sit over night the ball wont separate until you fire the weapon. I've been using them for about 15 years now and wish i could find more, I am having to go to the old style of patch which is good but where i live we are in a burn ban right now and the cloth patch has a tendency to sometimes burn, they have almost closed muzzle loader season before because of this, that is why I like the poly-patch, when you shoot it falls off as it leaves the muzzle and flies about 15 to 20 feet and is on the ground with no sparks or anything to start a fire in dry grass.

Back