Other forums out there

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIKEEE169

Reaction score
Was on a forum yesterday,{ won't put the name out there} A guy was asking how to unload his inlne muzzle loader, was scared he would set the charge off by removing the breach plug.I've done this many times,is it just me,
there are people out there that should not play with firearms what so ever.I told him to pour water down the bore and unless the seal of the projectile was 100% he would wet the powder and be done.He finally said he just fired it to clear it.When i hunt it's with a very select group who know how to handle loaded firearms in the field No horse play what so ever,no pointing loaded firearm at any body parts.safety on. I always check my safety before i chamber a round.never trust a mechanical device.that gets gared by explosions,from shooting.I've hunted since my teens and have never had a firearm accident and i'm 68 and have no plans on starting now.muzzle loaders are not as safe as i would like them to be but again it's who's caring the weapon.

This was my first muzzleloading forum i thought everyone was pretty knowlagable because yall are when it comes to muzzleloading then i got facebook my whole outlook on the world has changed......

Ehh, a forum is just a bunch of guys. seems to be a different opinion and style on each one. They vary and oscillate, but I think a lot of the mood is flavored by the admins. There's very few forums I bother with at this point. This one is definitely the cream, for modern style, plus we have a traditional crowd thrown in. Just like most anything, there's more than one angle to approach the subject, and plenty of ways to get the job done. everyone has a style that works for them. Then there's always those guys who have to learn things the hard way. :wink:

Squeeze said:
Just like most anything, there's more than one angle to approach the subject, and plenty of ways to get the job done. everyone has a style that works for them. Then there's always those guys who have to learn things the hard way. :wink:

Spot on. I love it.

Back