TC OR CVA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TYLERK16

Reaction score
Someone recently told me that the new TC barrels are garbage and warp very fast and that CVA now has the better muzzleloader of the two brands. Has anyone heard this? I happen to have a TC Triumph and have been nothing but pleased with it. It is an older one but still pleased.

Welcome aboard Tylerk.....

CVA and T/C have barrels that are basically of equal stature. I don't think I'd buy into the warping thing with either. There are guns with far better barrels but you'll not be buying them at the prices you're going to find the T/C and CVA products at, but warping? Short of going thru a house fire I don't think so but then things do happen but I don't hold my breathe on it.

Ya I kind of found it hard to believe myself, My guess is they talked to someone at the guns shop that has a higher profit margin on one brand vs the other. Like I said, i have a TC triumph and I love it.

I'm a Knight guy, so I wouldn't know. The key is to use a rifle you like that works well for you. There's an abundance of banter with many subjects. You have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I’m not sure that you could make even the cheapest muzzleloader barrel warp without putting some serious effort into it? Seems like an odd thing for someone to say.

never had a problem with my .50 Encore...probably going to sell the muzzy barrels for it though. My knight just shoots sooooo much better

Back