Rifle Case

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Most generally we don't often buy a new rifle case, especially a hard case. I've been using one hard case for so long, I'd estimate that it was purchased sometime back in the "70's". Its been a great case for as old as it is. However with the new scope and taller turrets, it was time to think about a larger and better hard case. Now this "Black Friday" stuff mostly goes by the wayside for me, but I found that Midway had a pretty darn good sale on the Pelican 1750, with $96 off! Yes..... I received permission :wink: Should show up this next week.

I've had that same case for a few years now. I really like it as It's pretty much bomb proof. Super heavy, awkward, hurts like hell when you crack it against your shins but sure does a good job of protecting my guns.

03mossy said:
I've had that same case for a few years now. I really like it as It's pretty much bomb proof. Super heavy, awkward, hurts like hell when you crack it against your shins but sure does a good job of protecting my guns.

Glad to hear that, well not about the shin part. :) Did you cut your foam out for a specific rifle?

Not yet. I've watched some YouTube videos of the best way to cut the foam but haven't done it yet. I plan on it after this season. Going to cut it for my .45 Knight and my 30-06 together. Along with a spot for both there bolts and the '06's magazine.

03mossy said:
Not yet. I've watched some YouTube videos of the best way to cut the foam but haven't done it yet. I plan on it after this season. Going to cut it for my .45 Knight and my 30-06 together. Along with a spot for both there bolts and the '06's magazine.

I like the electric knife method, seems to cut clean and I've done a lot of fish filleting with an electric. Will play with it when it gets here, but definitely want a range rod cutout along with the bolt and range finder.

You should have let the brown truck drive over it to test it!

Nice work on the cutouts!

03mossy said:
You should have let the brown truck drive over it to test it!

Nice work on the cutouts!

I'll pass on the driving over it. Thanks, the cutouts were really easy with the electric knife. Guess I better get a damp rag and wipe off the chalk marks I see I forgot... :roll:

Latest posts

Back