Posting pics using Imgur?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Can anyone explain how to use Imgur to post pics? We are allowed a certain amount through the Forum, i have hit That amount before and had to go through and delete pictures in order to post more. I have never done the 3rd party picture host deal, I Downloaded Imgur but I don’t understand how to use it?

Once you have it on your computer, you have to sign in/register. Once you've done that you should see a task bar across the top with a couple icons and your sign-in name there. Click your name and you'll get a screen that says add pictures. Click it, then browse, choose your picture and click on it and it automatically gets loaded to Imgur. You'll see your picture pop up once its loaded there. Click on your picture to enlarge it. Then choose from the link selections on the left side of the screen [use the second from the bottom one]. It may ask if you want to allow access, click yes, then click on that link, you may see a color change in the link bar. Come here, open a new thread or reply to one. In the dialog box simply double space down, then right click at a point you want the picture and hit paste. Post or preview will show it.

It sounds like a lot of work but in reality its about 15 seconds.

Something else too. Once you make a album public, you can not add more pics to it. Keep your albums private. Use the BBCode link to copy the pic. Then right click in your post to paste it here.
3ePvjba.jpg

Thank you guys! It’s a bummer when you have to go in and wipe a bunch of your pictures out when you fill your allowed amount through the forum.

GM54-120, I dont see anything that looks quite like that? I do everything from an Apple IPad, I have Imgur Dowloaded on it. I will keep playing around with it, i was able to get a Link here, but you had to click on it to open the picture, How do you get the picture like yours above Without a link?

I had to take a screen shot of that and edit it so i could post it here for you. I have no idea how to do it on a iPad. After i was done i uploaded it to imgur to post it here.

at end of link with no space
needs to be on both sides of a direct link to post here. You can sort of see it in the pic i posted. Those tags need to be on both sides with no spaces between them and the pic link.

The Img button in the forum software creates those image tags too. You need to highlight the DIRECT link you post and press the Img button.

GM54-120 said:
J60Nqqg.jpg

So this gets highlighted and you press the Img button to wrap it in the image tags
https://i.imgur.com/J60Nqqg.jpg

GM54-120, Thank you for the help! I should know more about this kinda thing but I don’t?! If i had any teenagers around, heck even grade school kids these days, they could help me figure it out! lol, DARN TRUTH! Like i said it’s a bummer when you reach your Forum limit and have to erase pictures in order to post more, is the limit due to Bogging the Forum down? I remember Castboolits was the same way, eventually you had to start erasing pictures

Some forums like this one was easy for me to figure out how to post a picture, Castboolits was easy as well, But that huntingnet forum, I GIVE UP! You must HAVE to use something like Imgur their? That is what Saved that little character that evening from reliving his PM to me about stirring the pot, At least i got him to Admit he does it in the open forum

On huntingnet you can create an album/s. IIRC you are limited to 60 pics per album and the size of each pic has limitations too. When you click a pic in your album there is a BBCode link at the bottom of the pic. You simply copy that and paste it in a thread there.

BBCode image links start with

Any direct link between those tags shows up as a pic on most forums. I have to separate those tags otherwise it wont let me post correctly because the forum software thinks im trying to post a pic.

There is basically no size limitation on imgur. Our software will auto resize pics to the max allowed. Imgur also lets you resize on upload too. I normally post all pics now in 1024x768 and just let the forum resize it if needed.

Here is a pic i just made that shows what it looks like on a pc under Windows. I did crop out some of it. The image is a 1024x image. Our forum software might resize it.
QX8PwEe.jpg

Yep, it sure did....... 1,024px × 599px (scaled to 860px × 503px)

GM54-120, THANK YOU for taking the time to picture and explain this!! Hopefully this thread stays, surely I’m not alone with not understanding how to post pics 3rd party, This should help a lot of folks! Thanks again

Test
https://imgur.com/a/9GgYy

Idaholewis said:
GM54-120, THANK YOU for taking the time to picture and explain this!! Hopefully this thread stays, surely I’m not alone with not understanding how to post pics 3rd party, This should help a lot of folks! Thanks again

Test
https://imgur.com/a/9GgYy
Your getting there but missed adding the quotes before and after the link. It should look like this. [ quote] Your Link goes here here [/quote].
I added a couple spaces after the first bracket so it would show up printed out.

I give up, i even watched YouTube videos, i can see how to do it using a PC, but ios (Apple Ipad) is Different? And i cant find a video showing how to do it from an Ipad using ios?

I looked too for ipad instructions....Didnt come up with anything helpful.

Can you use Firefox or Chrome on your ipad....That should be pretty much the same as on a PC. MUCH easier for me to walk you through it.

GEEZ!!!! Nothing i do is working? I actually do have Chrome, i can start using it

Back