Sabeted bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBAnd

Reaction score
Just bought a package of 15 TC shock wave ballistic tip sabated bullets. Even though their a different color ( yellow) tip than the red tipped Hornady SST bullets...they sure look like the same bullet that Hornady makes. What I’m comparing is the 250 gr bullets....TC vs Hornady. ....Has anyone here have one brand shoot better (accuracy) over the other brand.?..curious

As far as accuracy alone goes I really could not tell a difference. Have shot them for the most part interchangeably.

I bought up a bunch of the clam packs of T/C and Hornady 250 grain bullets/sabots a number of years ago when a local Fleet Farm had them on a spring clearance for about dirt. I'm a 100 yard shooter and all of these bullets had differing colored ballistic tips and a rainbow of sabot colors but they all shot the same and very accurate at that 100 yards. I took one deer with one of them and wasn't too impressed with the results so the rest of them just went thru paper. Back then I was doing three pellet loads all the time and that may have had an effect on the bullet/deer collision....I maybe could have gotten by with two pellets. Who knows. I shoot the 209 powder now and either xtps or deep curls.

Back