Shot show news?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Has anybody heard or seen anything new for the ML world coming out of the Shot Show going on right now? The only thing new I have seen about our sport is an email from TC saying the Triumph will be offered in different camo... All the rest of the emails I've received are all about more of the same old Tacticool crap :bored: .

Saw nothing on MLs but I certainly do not have all the latest news

Unfortunately, there wasn't a whole lot of new products revealed at SHOT this year. I have outlined everything, by brand, below.

CVA - CVA only introduced a Optima Long Range with a 28" barrel, as well as updated camo patterns on the Accura V2's. The Optima Long Range fits the bill for someone who is not looking to move all the way up to the Accura price point, but wants to stretch the yardage more than just the standard Optima. The Accura V2's are going to be featuring the Realtree Edge camo, starting later this spring.

Traditions - Traditions released a Pursuit G4 Ultralight with a wood stock, which is a nice addition to the inline market. Also, they released a line of muskets and musket kits that should be quite popular. The price point of these is not quite on par with Pedersoli, but slightly under their price points, for what I would say is a very similar quality musket.

Thompson Center - TC updated the camo offerings on the Triumph Bone Collector line, including Realtree Edge and Original.

Lyman - Nothing new on the muzzleloading side of things.

Overall, even on the firearms side of things, there wasn't a lot of new products this year. I think many of the manufacturers were licking their wounds and unable to bring some of the new products to market because of budget issues. Brands like Smith and Wesson and Ruger were down over 30% last year. Hopefully this year is a rebound year and we see some radical new products soon.

Let me know if there was any other products in particular that you were interested in and I can expand a little more. Our team ended up covering a lot of ground and visiting with a lot of different brands.

Back