well just bought a barska.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trigger8mm

Reaction score
hope i dont regret it. its the little 2.5x20. got it from swfa. had 5 inches of eyerelief. will test it out on the bighorn til i get the money to get the nikon cayuga suggested. ant body else tryed there products or this scope? if it works good eventually it will go on a 7.62x39mm zastava bolt action. i really like the way a rifle looks with a little scope on it.

I have seen that brand of scope advertized in magazines but never owned one. If that Bighorn don't shake it apart, it will probably be a good scope. I have a 2.5x20mm Simmons on a Knight LK-II and while it was around 20 bucks to buy, it has held up fine. And to be honest, that little 2.5 is sure a nice power in deep woods where shots are close. I liked it so much I put a 2z20mm Simmons Pro on my .44 magnum Ruger Redhawk. And so far so good. But to be honest I have not put a lot of rounds under it. I ran out (other then emergency ammo) and the store can't seem to get any in stock.

I remember you suggested the 2-7x32 Nikon. it was a little pricey right now. hope it works out. i had one of those Simmons on a 10/22 and it was really quick on target. like i said if i like it it will find its way on to a little zastava 7.62x39mm. then a Nikon will find its way on to my bighorn.

My Norcio 7.62x39mm SKS wears a 4x32mm Simmons Pro Diamond. I just purchased cartridges for that rifle and want to do some more shooting this spring with it. They are a fun little rifle to shoot.

Well after I get this I'll start saving up for the Nikon. I've always been a fan of the fixed power scope. But after getting the Leopold rifleman 2-7x33mm I like this size. But the smaller size of the barska reminds me of that sweet little .22..

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

It's in and mounted. I'll try to post pics tomorrow. Hopefully range trip soon. WEATHER PERMITTING.
Ready for sunny days. Swfa has good service. 2 days, awesome.

Here it is.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391865257902.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,649
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391865274394.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,649
Work got in the way again. Could not go to the range. Would really like to see how this scope performs. Maybe in the morning.

that's a nice looking and very functional rifle. I will be watching for the range reports. I was going to shoot here, but with dangerous wind chills, and all.. its just not worth it anymore. When I was younger and foolish, sure. But now I like the heat. What is the load for that rifle?

300gr xtp .429 green harvester sabot 100 gr. T7. Love the way it balances. Got More heft than the LK-II I had. But I like it. Hardly anybody hunts muzzleloader season in Texas. So when I go I don't walk into anybody. Haven't really got too wring this rifle out but it like the way it handles.

Weather is bad here too. So this day off is a bust too.

Will try again to take the bighorn to the range. We'll see how that turns out. I'm hoping I don't need to spend over $100 to scope this rifle. I hope this barska is one of those rare finds.

Well work is determined to not let me sight in this rifle. This is getting old. Maybe next week end.

Left early from work. Range trip. Big horn, barska, combo. This is what i did.

Walking it up.

First shot far right. 2 and 3 were the bottom 2. The big hole on top is 3 shots. Guess it did ok.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396653380123.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,430
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396653427380.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,430
The pics are backwards. Always happens to me.
Also I fired one more shot at it connected the top 2 holes to make it one hole.

It was only 50 yards. The trigger started not to reset for some reason. So had to stop. When I got home I adjusted the trigger and no more problem. This little scope is cool. The eye relief is so generous. It's also clear. But not so light gathering like my weaver k4.. adjust ments went in with just a turn. I always go 1 click past then one back. About 1 inch high at 50. Next time 100 can't wait. Thanks again to the person who sold it to me.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Sorry load was .429 rem sjhp, harvester sabot, 100 gr t7 cci shotgun. Primers.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Good scope so far. Good cheap alternative. ,

Well hopefully today I get to go and sight in my barska again. Last time the target was in between clicks. I stole the Leopold mounts from my wife's rifle. She didn't care said it was ok.

accuracy is everything

I really like my LK rifle with only a 2x20mm scope on it. For short range hunting and shooting (75 yards) it is a quick to point and a very accurate rifle. My scope is A $19.95 Simmons.

aroundthehouse005-1-1.jpg

Since this is my in the thick brush tree rifle I sight it in for very close range.

DSCN0251.jpg

Off shooting sticks, that is plenty good for take deer in the thickets.

Back