Traditions Buckstalker w Inlinexr scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT2309

Reaction score
I'm having a pretty aggravating issues with this rifle this issue has occurred with the original scope as well for instance at 30 yards I'm dead on cutting x's but once I move back to 100 yards I'm no where to be found on paper and my elevation adjustment is maxed out in the up postion I dismounted everything bought new rings and discovered the front base was loose could that be the root of my problem? I have re zeroed the scope and starting from scratch I just don't want to waste any more lead anyone got any suggestions I'm using 100gr triple 7 with a traditions.44 hollow point 240 gr

loose rings and scope mounts can and do make a world of difference with accuracy as we all know. All I can say is once you're sure they are tight, try it again.

Make sure you use a dab of blue lock tite on your mounting screws. This keeps them backing out when fired over time. Are using the Nicon inline XR ? If so they have a website to help you dial in your load with the scope. I'll be doing my 3rd range session today with mine to see how well it holds a cold shot and then trying out some diffrent bullets. So far it's been perfect.

Yes it is the Nikon I've been using the spot on website.. I had the same issue with the scope that came with the gun so I'm thinking the loose scope base has to be the issue I just wanted other opinions

No doubt, loose rings or bases will have you chasing your tail...

You didn't state what type rings you had? Weaver style, Leupold, etc..

Weaver style made by traditions ... Got it hitting bull but that's only on the 2nd and 3rd shot after cleaning 1st shot after cleaning is way high ... Anyone experience that

That first shot being out of the group is not uncommon in some rifles. You can do a fouling shot. Before you shoot your groups, dump about 30 grains of powder down the bore then push a cotton patch on top of that and fire that off in the air or down range, what ever is safe. Then load and start shooting and swabbing. It might make a difference.

You can sometimes foul the barrel enough with a few caps, i windex swab then 2 dry patches then I fire 3 209 primers through my rifles before initial loading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back