sightron scopes.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one I bought used. It's mounted but I haven't used that gun much but it seemed fine at that price point. That Chuck Hawks review looks pretty good. I know they have several quality levels, like most.

Take a peek for a slightly used one too.

I have a number of Sightron scopes. Obviously like most lines, the higher the level the better.

The older S1 models (made in Japan) were excellent all around. The newer S1's (since about 2007) are decent... but a typical entry level scope, and are priced as such. The S2's are a good step up, and the Big Sky model is outstanding. Top quality construction, excellent glass, great eye relief, and all Sightron's have lifetime warranty.

I use mostly Leupold and Sightron, depending on who has the best price at the time I need a scope for something. I have 3 Sightron's on ML's right now, never had an issue.

I have a Sightron II 4-16 on my .243, and a Sightron II Big Sky 6-24 on my .204 - I really like them. Based on a monster novel in the binocular section of a birding forum about the Sightron 8x32 Blue Sky open bridge binocular, I bought one of these for under $170. It is stupid how good these bins are, I take them to Michigan football games and they are my truck bins.

The only problem I had with a S1 Sightron 3-9x40 was eye relief. It kept coming back hitting my hat and once, brushed my eye brow. I sold it. And went to Nikon products. For a good scope, I went with a 2-7x32mm Nikon Pro Staff. Nice small scope. Good eye relief, and top quality optics.

Back