Ultimate Slam with Illuminated SABR reticle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I planning on getting a Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9x40 for my muzzleloader, and I'm wondering if the extra $100 for the red dot in the middle is worth it. Anybody out there that has experience with and without the illuminated dot? Does it really help all that much in getting on target? Is it of benefit during low light conditions? Or is it mostly a gimmick? I mostly hunt from tree stands, shots not much more than 100 yards.

Thanks in advance for your help

the illuminated sight is good at first light and at dusk when eyes are diulating...i have a few leupold and vortex that are illuminated...works well at the times needed...at dawn if its still sorta dark its hard to see the thin crosshairs....and same at night ...your eyes are changing...I dont have the SABR reticle..jsut a duplex ..I dont like lots of stuff in my eye view...

Every scope I have that has the red dot really draws my eye to the center. If you have a choice of red or green I actually prefer the green and I recommend setting the reostate to the lowest setting you can see the dot. Practice with it and you will really like it. The problem is when you pickup a conventional scope you will have to train you mind all over again or buy another scope like the reddot type and install on all your guns.

MY EXPERIENCE AND I AM STICKING TO IT
MARTIN LOADER

Latest posts

Back