Konus 1x20 SightPro Atomic 2.0 dot sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnlek

Reaction score
This came with the CVA optimum v2 pistol.
What you think of this dot sight? Any suggestions and or advice.

I read the forum on The
KONUS 3-9x 40mm Zoom KONUSpro 275 Muzzle Loading Scope
Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never played with the Konus. I would suggest to take the thing outside at Dusk, In shadows see if the dot grows a tail and how much light is allowed to filter through the dot scope to your eye. I own two Bushnell Red dots. They are fine for just moderate range shooting in good light. But at dusk, the dot grows a tail and the scope allows so little light through it, that yes you see the dot, but you can't see the animal.

I threw one of them red dots on a .22 rifle and it was kind of a fun thing to shoot. I might throw one on a TK2000 shot gun and see if I can shake it apart. As the shotgun sure tries to shake me apart when I shoot it.

This also has a green light.
I will try it at dusk .
Thank you

Cayuga

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the past Wisconsin did not allow any magnification with their sights. Meaning a RED DOT was legal and so were 1x scopes. Well Midway USA had a sale on the Bushnell Trophy Red Dot scopes so I purchased two of them. I put them on m Knight LK-II and my Knight LK-93. On the range during the day, the dot was clear, no tail. Out to 75 yards I could make any kind of kill shot I would encounter within reason of course. So I was ready to hunt.

First day hunting in a tree stand I waited and waited for a deer to come through. Finally, (we had to shoot does that year) a nice fat doe comes walking towards me. Its maybe 10 minutes before season ends for the day. I am in a marsh, up in the tree, I pull up ... dot has a half moon tail on it, but to see it, clear as the devil. The problem then was, the scope transmitted light waves to the eye, so poorly that I couldn't see the deer clear enough to say ... go ahead, shoot.

When I first got my Sig Sauer tactical rifle, I threw a red dot on that. I figured ... walk and shoot combat style, it would be perfect. It was until dusk. Again same old problems. So off it came and a 1x scope went on. Now magnified scopes are legal here, so nothing really matters anymore.

Keep me posted on how well the Konus does.

Latest posts

Back