Spotting scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Without breaking the bank or, the wife breaking my neck, opinions on spotting scopes that will show targets well at 500yds???

Check out the VORTEX line, I get 35 or 40% if your interested, there just down the street from where I work, I can pick 1 up whenever.

Vortex and Nikon both are reasonable and good glass. I think i would jump on the35-40% off

I have 3 Vortex scopes and love them...very clear optics...

I was at the range during a match and seen a guy with a Vortex spoting scope ..i asked if i could look thru it..and boy was it nice...very crisp and clear and the power adjustments were very smooth...I have a cheap Simmons I got last year...its ok..but the Vortex was far better....I may send Squezer some money to get one ..lol....

I unfortunately went and purchased a cheap one. And that is all it is, cheap. So I don't recommend anything but I would suggest if this is for serious hunting and spotting, spend some money and get a good one.

I'm working on the CFO. "She" just let me purchase a rotary tumbler, magnet and dryer for my brass, both my .45WM for the Ultimate and .450 Bushmaster. Many of you recognize how your household CFO thinks and how we sometimes have to whine about things for awhile....... :wink:

I'm wondering how I'm going to get one of the new radar chronographs if they prove out when shooting sabots :huh?:

Latest posts

Back