CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Cheapo muzzleloader scope package

Binoculars, rangefinders, and Scopes. If you use it for hunting talk about it here!

Moderator: Senior Moderators

deadeyedick

Cheapo muzzleloader scope package

Postby deadeyedick » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Anyone use one of these, https://www.amazon.com/Traditions-Perfo ... B0050VLNX2 ? Thoughts?

Idaholewis
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cheapo muzzleloader scope package

Postby Idaholewis » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 pm

I have no experience with the scope mentioned so this is my personal opinion, i believe you get what you pay for (for the most part that is) especially in optics. I would buy a proven brand of scope like a Leupold, even if it means i had to wait and save up for it. The old saying ‘Buy once, Cry once’ Comes to mind here.
“Only accurate rifles are interesting” Col. Townsend Whelen

deadeyedick

Postby deadeyedick » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 am

Idaholewis wrote:I have no experience with the scope mentioned so this is my personal opinion, i believe you get what you pay for (for the most part that is) especially in optics. I would buy a proven brand of scope like a Leupold, even if it means i had to wait and save up for it. The old saying ‘Buy once, Cry once’ Comes to mind here.

While sometimes it is true that better things are more costly, I am constantly reminding myself that demand also drives prices. There is no way that apples iphones are worth the price but the demand is there so people pay the price. Would be very interesting to know the profit margin on those. You can go to ebay or amazon and find the same items at differant prices. If someone can get a higher price for something they will. Now on to my thinking. I only want a muzzleloader to deer hunt a couple or three weeks out of the year and at mostly close ranges. If the scope I mentioned is not just a plain total flop then it will likely serve my purpose for the cheap. While I am such a tight person I squeek when I walk I do on occasion pay dearly for some things. If I do pay dearly for something, I want it to be really worth the price I give. If something cheaper in price will serve the same purpose as something more expensive then I usually will go the cheaper route.Thanks for your input.

rugerbh103

Postby rugerbh103 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:33 pm

Never used that one. In cheap scopes the Bushnell Banners and Simmons Scopes have been good to me. I most recently bought a Redfield 2-7X33 Revolution. Its in a different price range, but I've been very happy with it.

Hornet22savage
Old Timer
Old Timer

Postby Hornet22savage » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:12 pm

My dad purchased a Traditions muzzleloader that came with a 4X scope. It wouldn't hold any groups at all. Open sights prove load is accurate.
Hornet22savage

NYSRPA Member
54 cal. MK-95 Magnum Elite Winter Camo/Black Ice / Leupold VX-5HD
45 Knight DISC Elite / Vortex Viper HS
KRB7 Black Stainless / Bushnell 3200 Elite

GM54-120
Administrator
Administrator

Postby GM54-120 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 pm

The Simmons 4x32 is the best super cheap scope i ever tried. Mine was a much older one so i dont know if the newer ones hold up as well. The old one was called a ProDiamond. New one is called 8 point. I have no idea if they are similar but IIRC the old one was made in the Philippines.
Image 08-07-2013

Return to “Optics”