Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binoculars

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnT

Reaction score
Has anyone used a pair of these Vortex Binos. When I hunt I usually just carry a pair of Steiner Predator 8x28 compacts. I was thinking I would get something in a 10x42. I was looking at Nikon Monarch5, Vortex Diamondback, and Leupold Acadia/Cascade. These are pretty much in my price range. The Nikon and Vortex both get great reviews with the Vortex edging out the Nikon.

I do have a very old pair of 10 x 50 Nikon Action Binos that have served me well for an inexpensive bino, but have not used them in a couple years. For some odd reason I can't seem to get both eye pieces to focus together, again, and one side is getting a little hazy at the edges too. I knocked them off of the roof of a lifted 4x4 Truck roof Many, Many years ago while ground hog hunting and had to send them back to Nikon to readjust them as the 2 sides were not focusing with each other after the fall (looked like one side pointed up the other down when looking though them). So was thinking I just might replace them.

Thanks,

They may have reviews on Amazon, Midwayusa, Cabela's and other sites. With binocs I top out in quality with Nikon Monarchs. Not saying they are the best, but for what I do with them, good enough for me.

We're all looking for that 'sleeper' deal, great quality at a lower price. The market often regulates itself, towards 'getting what you paid for' kinda thing. I'm not afraid to try factory refurbished, or fleabay from a reputable seller. One has to consider buying possibly without any warranty or $$ back protections.

So far the reviews in the Vortex I saw were very good. I have zero experience with Vortex. I have had good luck with Nikon so far.

My son has a pair of Vortex and have Nikon and the Vortex is better HANDS DOWN. The warranty is one of the best. I drop one of my ML and the scope hit the bench and bent the bell really bad, I took the ML to Vortex and they not only replaced the scope they installed the NEW scope for me. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. All they wanted from is the story on how I bent the BELL. Vortex is only 5 min. form our UPS Center in Middleton Wi. :yeah:

sqezer said:
My son has a pair of Vortex and have Nikon and the Vortex is better HANDS DOWN. The warranty is one of the best. I drop one of my ML and the scope hit the bench and bent the bell really bad, I took the ML to Vortex and they not only replaced the scope they installed the NEW scope for me. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. All they wanted from is the story on how I bent the BELL. Vortex is only 5 min. form our UPS Center in Middleton Wi. :yeah:

Thanks for the info. I have one dealer not too far away that carries them but they are sort of in an out of the way area that I don't go to often. I might just have to make a trip there in a couple weeks after I get back from vacation.

I have the Diamondbacks and love them. I'm a huge vortex fan. I had Leopold cascade that I used to carry but the diamondbacks took their place

Thanks for the info. Everything I read about them so far is very good.

I have a pair of Vortex Diamondback 8x42 binos I have used for three seasons of hunting. Starting next weekend, it will be season 4.

For my style of East coast deer hunting (where a long distance is 200 yards), I have no complaints. Considering you can find these for less than $150, I think they are outstanding glass for the price.

To noticeably improve on the optical quality, I think a buyer would need to spend at least $500.

I bought my Diamondback 8x42 binos because I needed something, and my budget was limited. I've been so pleased with them, I haven't seen the need to upgrade. If I was taking a hunting trip out west where'd I'd be glassing all day at long distances, I'd spend more. But for my needs, they are good enough.

Thanks! The price of these is about what I can go this year. I have the little Steiner's and they are great but I would like something more in the 10 power range like my old Nikons. I use them mostly for Deer hunting and a couple places I hunt I can watch them from 300 to 350 yards. Not shooting that far yet though just like to watch where they might go.

ShawnT said:
Thanks! The price of these is about what I can go this year. I have the little Steiner's and they are great but I would like something more in the 10 power range like my old Nikons. I use them mostly for Deer hunting and a couple places I hunt I can watch them from 300 to 350 yards. Not shooting that far yet though just like to watch where they might go.

Observing deer at 350, the Diamondback 10x42's will do just fine. :yeah: If you wanted to absolutely be able to count tines, then I'd say maybe, but most likely the image wouldn't be sharp enough.

Back