Red Dot For CVA Optima Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forrest-hunter

Reaction score
Need suggestions for a red dot scope for Optima Pistol that won't break the bank- eye sight getting bad - having trouble with leupold pistol scope -

Check out Ultradot 30. I have one on my Ruger .44 and like it.

I have two Red Dot 1x scopes around the house and would not recommend them. They are Bushnell. If you just want to target shoot with them, they are fine. Nice sunny day, they work good. But in late afternoon when the shadows start to come, you loose a lot of vision in the Bushnell models. And the dot grows a tail for me. Now I am sure that the more expensive models are probably just fine. But I was so disgusted with mine, I took them off rifles and used them more as toys of some .22 rifles of mine. Now they sit in a box.

So do your homework if that is the route you want to go. Another good option is scope mount, rings and a 1x scope. Its amazing how good that works. Although I never tried that on a pistol.

CVA's red dot of choice for this firearm is the Kronus Atomic 2.0. Red or Green dot, several click in intensity settings for both.

Now with that said, I haven't a clue whether or not this sight is good, bad, or indifferent as I haven't shot mine yet - hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

JStanley said:
Might want to give this a look-see.

https://seeallopensight.com/

Haven't tried it myself but I'm very curious to know if they're the real deal. :huh?:

Thanks for posting this link. I have never seen these before today. I went through most of their youtube videos and the sight looks like an excellent product.

Tannhauser said:
Primary Arms Micro Dot http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-micro-dot-with-removable-base-eta-early-july-2016-md-rbgii. Nice, sharp 2 MOA dot at a reasonable price for something that will stand up to regular use.

I have two of these dots, and they've spent time on AR-15 rifles, 12 gauge shotguns and Ruger Mark III pistol without issue.

I have these too. I also have an UltraDot 6 and a Vortex Venom. The Primary Arms 2 MOA dot is super sharp and allows precise shots. It is also quite compact. Best of all, it is under $100. My UltraDot 6 (which is adjustable from 2 MOA to 8 MOA) and my Venom (which I have on a M1A SOCOM) are over $200. I think you would like the Primary Arms sight.

Back