Burris Signature Zee Rings w/ Inserts??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dooger

Reaction score
Thinking about using these on my ML. I consider the recoil "harsh" though. Will I have problems using the inserts with a heavy recoiling ML?

BTW, I weigh my BH 209 charges at 70gr (100 grains/vol).

I had a buddy recently who had a scope issue, ended up being not quite square holes for the bases. That's where the testing lead anyway, when the scope ran out of adjustment. I suggested some of the Burris rings with the inserts. He used a different gun for this hunt in question.

I do think you would be fine with M-L recoil, and the Burris Signature rings, though I haven't used them myself. I often use Warne, but think the Burris would do well also.

http://www.snipercentral.com/burris-bur ... t-inserts/

I have used them on a number of heavy recoiling MLs without problems. Pleased with them.

The zee rings with the inserts will hold a scope like grim death but having used the non zee signature rings within the past year I found out that their rings are not what they used to be, I believe they are now made in china and the fit between the inserts and the rings doesn't seem right to me, also the set I had was for an 11mm rail however the rings slipped on the rail of a cz 22 mag semi auto because I ran out of tightening adjustment. If youwant a weaver style ring that will really hold try the weaver quadlock, for 14 dollars they are the best deal out there, I put a set on my new 20 gauge slug gun that is light and kicks pretty hard and have had no slip, they have 2 straps per ring, they are aluminum but seem like a real tough aluminum alloy as I tightened down on the screws quite a bit and they took all I could dish out without stripping.

Zee rings with inserts will work very well on Muzzle Loader. I use set on .50 shooting a full bore 600 grain bullet , 100grns. swiss 1.5

They have worked well on my heavier recoiling smokeless muzzleloader.

Dooger said:
Thinking about using these on my ML. I consider the recoil "harsh" though. Will I have problems using the inserts with a heavy recoiling ML?

BTW, I weigh my BH 209 charges at 70gr (100 grains/vol).

They will work great

Latest posts

Back