.52 cal hunting bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunt_so_ill

Reaction score
I am a somewhat happy owner of a .52 cal Knight Disc Extreme. I bought the .52 cal about a year and a half ago, when the price was roughly 300 dollars less than the .50 cal. To my uneducated self, those kind of savings seemed worth the minor inconvenience of ordering all my sabots directly from Knight. It has yet to be determined if that decision was wise.

I have now shot through the box of Bloodlines that come with the rifle and am trying to figure out what bullet to go with. I can't bring myself to buy my bullets through Knight based on the price alone, but have been researching all of the Lehigh Defense options. The question I have is actually two-fold. Is it best to continue shooting the .452 bullet with the silver sabot, or would it be more beneficial to use a .458 bullet in the magenta sabot. Either route that I go, I am going to try to stock up on the sabots from Knight. I want to make sure that I am set for the foreseeable future in case manufacturing of them may cease. I also would not be opposed to shooting a bullet the diameter of the bore, but I would definitely need more information regarding how to make that happen. Any advice that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

there was a post on this sight , fellow was using conical , full bore , hp Grease Groove bullet.

Back