TC Hawken Hunter 1.5x5

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought a slightly used one for $50. Silver finish which nicely matches my stainless Super 45 XR.
I had a 1x years ago and it was a nice little scope. The selling point for me was the conventional duplex crosshair. Don't like the diamonds, circles and mil dots so common today. The 1 piece tube is also a significant plus on a striker fired online. No joint for back blast to exploit.
Anyone have one of these? How's it working for you? Thanks.

I too use a T/C Hawken Hunter 1x32mm and I too found it to be a very nice scope. I was able to fog it over one deer season and T/C replaced it, no questions asked. A scope I do use that is similar is a 1.5x4.5 Bushnell Dusk to Dawn x32mm. It is a great scope. I will be curious about how your scope works out of you. Keep us posted.

I had purchased it from T/C and was excited to get it on my White Ultra Mag. I had shot it over 100 times easy on the range and it worked perfect. Hunting season came about and it was snowing and bitter cold. What else was new. And I had walked out to my blind and then happened to look in the scope. It was like looking into a cloud. At first I thought, steamed lenses. So I got out a lens cloth and wiped both ends. Still fogged. So i went back to the house and it was really fogged there. So I called T/C. You know, back when there was customer service. And explained the problem. They said, mail it to us. Which I did. And a few days later a brand new scope came in the mail. I knew it was new because there was no burn marks on the tube.

No explanation from them as to what happened, etc. I put that new one on and it worked perfect. Even shot a doe that year using it. And the White of course. Now there is a NIkon Pro Staff on the White Ultra Mag.

In keeping with all things TC lately, this scope was $50 wasted. After the first shot, something went all cattywumpus and the view was very out of focus. ugh. Got my money back though(!) and promptly put it towards a Black Diamond Express ( with a mildly pitted bore) which I will strip for parts.

Back