Nikon scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
Just mounted a new Nikon prostaff 2x7 on my Black Diamond today. This is my first Nikon and at this time I'm very impressed. I've always been a Leupold guy, and maybe scopes have come along ways in a few years, but holding this next to my 10 yr old Leupold 2x7 this thing is night and day difference in brightness and clarity compared to the older scope. If this keeps up I'll be making more purchases next Christmas.

I have that scope and love it. Its a keeper for me.

I agree, Nikon's PROSTAFF 2-7 BDC is incredibly bright and easy to use. I'm a big fan of the quick focus eyepiece to dial the scope in to my vision. You can absolutely use Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Profile to sync your rifle,scope and load to increase your downrange accuracy too.
If you have any question's how to do that drop me a note.
Great reading how pleased you guy's are with this scope and always nice seeing how guys use Nikon's scopes. I have this scope on a 22lr, .300 Blackout AR and a turkey gun.

A great feature on Nikon's Inline XR Series of scopes is the 5 inches of eye relief. Great for when you're pushing a 250 gr Sabot behind 150 grs of powder!

A friend of mine has the XR and the eye relief is great. Just make sure there's enough adjustment to make room for the right cheek weld.

the Nikons are great, I have a few 3x9x40's also another really great scope for the money is the vortex 3x9x40 diamondback at 200 dollars, it is small for a 3x9x40 too and the clarity etc. is outstanding, I don't know how they do it for 200 dollars. also the field of view on this scope is great, choice of duplex and a bdc reticle.

Back