Vortex Viper HST or Sightron SIII

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick50471

Reaction score
I'm looking for a scope to mount on smokless muzzleloader that I'm having ASG put together. The rifle is going to be a RemBrux w/ 28" barrel.
I will always be shooting from a bench or fully rested position in my hut. Ranges will vary out to 500 yards.
The two in question are the Vortex Viper HST 6.5-24x50 or the Sightron SIII 8-32x56.
The specs on both are incredibly similar. I have zero experience with either but that doesn't mean I don't have experience with other brands. I am just not going there with this build.
If you have any experiences good or bad with either of the two please share them. I don't care to hear about your Nightforce, Leupold, Zeiss or what your cousin has. I want first hand information.

Thanks

I have that exact Vortex, and several others. Im sold on Vortex quality, especially for the price. I cant say mine has much use yet. Its been on 2 different guns for about 50 shots each. A Knight and a rem- brux but both shooting Blackhorn. I was a leupold guy for decades, and own NF. I have no experience with Sightron, but for a "budget" type optic, I love a vortex. Truthfully, that 6.5-24 is way overkill for me for a hunting gun. My other vortex are 2-12 and 4-14 ballpark. They are kind of new to my stable in the last few years, and none have seen any heavy use, but so far, so good.

Both scopes are top quality.
Siii is more money and is a step above the vortex in glass quality for low light other than that they are very comparable.
For cost siii and vortex hst are as good as they get.
56mm is a lot of scope. I personally like the 50mm in both brands.

56mm will need higher check piece for good weld

Where are Vortex scopes made? I looked at their on-line catalog, and didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

DPH said:
Where are Vortex scopes made? I looked at their on-line catalog, and didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Japan the Philippines or China depending on the model.

Razor HD scopes are manufactured in Japan
Vipers are made in Philippines
Diamondbacks are made in Philippines
Crossfire scopes are produced in China

Latest posts

Back