Traditions Pursuit Ultra Light XLT... Best Loads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrek

Reaction score
has anyone shot the new triple 7 magnum pellets through this gun. i was advised to use 100 grn. loose powder and 250 grn. sabot. have not fired the gun yet. looking for advice. i read that the triple 7 magnum pellets are too much for this muzzleloader. i could really use some advice here. thanks, new to the site, SHREK

I have a pursuit LT rifle and the favorite load for my gun is 80 grains of loose ffg T-7 powder with a 300 grain Hornady XTP bullet and Harvester crushed ribbed sabots. You might want to start with 75 grains of powder and work your way up in 5 grain increments until you find the gun's best load. Good luck and have fun.

i am certain the ULTRA LIGHT version of the pursuit is different than any of the earlier pursuits. the barrel is chromoly, which is light but strong. the book says 130 grain max. BUT.. the box of magnum 777s says they are 60 grains each. Randy Wakeman who many of you may know, is a columnist and muzzleloader enthusiast, he states he "WOULD NOT" fire the magnums recommended 2 pellet charge in a traditions,cva, or remington inline. i am hoping to hear from someone who has used the magnum load. if it is safe ofcourse

chipshot said:
I have a pursuit LT rifle and the favorite load for my gun is 80 grains of loose ffg T-7 powder with a 300 grain Hornady XTP bullet and Harvester crushed ribbed sabots. You might want to start with 75 grains of powder and work your way up in 5 grain increments until you find the gun's best load. Good luck and have fun.

same gun, almost same load. 80 grains of BH209, harvester crush rib, 300 grain SST-ML. seems like any more poweder and my groups really open up.

I have the pursuit g4 ultralight and the manual says you can shoot 150 grains of powder. I have shot the triple 7 mags with no problems but switched to blackhorn because its cleaner.

Re:

chipshot said:

I had a pursuit with a 28 " barrel and steel frame . best shooting MZ I have had , never should have sold it .

Back