accura v2 breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncdude62

Reaction score
just purchased a new v2 reading a lot about blow by so decided to bust a couple caps to see how clean they were.
found some triple sevens laying around so tried them. I noticed when inserting the primer they fit very very loosely so much that they
wobble and fall out with just a tap on the gun. they seem to be hitting bottom with probably a 16th inch of primer sticking out.
is this normal with the standard plug or should I try different primer. never had one that didn't fit snuggly and take a little effort to get out
these fall out if gun is moved at all. any one with any knowledge of these plugs your advice would be greatly appreciated
thank you

can wiggle primer all around with finger and drops right out if turn plug over is plug bored to big or do they fit this loose on the cva

As Ron said, your primer fit sounds normal. When you fire with a load, the primer will swell and fill the pocket and will not fall out. You will not experience any blow back firing primers only. Blow back occurs when firing a loaded rifle. I would suggest using an o-ring in the bottom og the primer pocket.

I shot my new Accura V2 this morning for the first time and found the primers seemed loose when they were inserted, but after firing they had to be plucked out. They didn't need a tool or anything to remove them but they didn't just fall out either.

On the same note, the primers I used today came out of the plug very clean and the gun had basically no crud ring in it so I'm happy about that.

Just a FYI, Euro primers like Nobel, Cheddite and Fiocchi are larger OD. They appear to work very well in the CVA plugs but they are shorter than USA made primers too. They might be just the ticket to use with the o-ring in the primer pocket.

They are close to .244 OD. The Fiocchi and Nobel also have nearly no taper from nose to rim. IIRC it was Hawgslayer that used the Fiocchi with very good results in his CVA.

I use Nobel in mine. Work great for lighting Blackhorn 209.

so where do you get the shims for the breech plug. I needed ss plugs for the site holes since they only sent black with the gun so ordered the shim kit while I was ordering the plugs but looks like they are only for the primer bushing. didn't see any for the breech plug unless I'm mistaken

Latest posts

Back