Viper

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since it's going to be a while before the .416 is ready I decided to put the scope for it to use . I put it on the Bestill Creations .451 with the 1:18 twist . Now I just have to sight it .

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 404
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 404
sabotloader said:
And what are you waiting for? What else have you got to out there in the 'bad lands' of the Dakota's :D :D :D
Been practing with the 1x scope for the Refuge hunt which starts tomorrow. It's like looking through binoculars backwards.
I might switch but for opening day I am taking the 1:20!knight with the AppleJack stock 90 gr powder and Eds 465 gr conical .

1874sharpsshooter said:
sabotloader said:
And what are you waiting for? What else have you got to out there in the 'bad lands' of the Dakota's :D :D :D
Been practing with the 1x scope for the Refuge hunt which starts tomorrow. It's like looking through binoculars backwards.
I might switch but for opening day I am taking the 1:20!knight with the AppleJack stock 90 gr powder and Eds 465 gr conical .

Well the Applejack should be an 'attractant' for the animals - they love apples around here :D

Remember, over here in Idaho, we have to use open sights for everything ML... a 1X would seem awful good at times...

What type of ranges might you be shooting?

1874sharpsshooter said:
Been practing with the 1x scope for the Refuge hunt which starts tomorrow. It's like looking through binoculars backwards............
.......and that is the truth!

Linda figured it out.

IMG_2546.JPG

IMG_2545.JPG

Good luck on the Refuge; hopefully population is built back good. At least you won't have me messing up your hunt. ☺

ronlaughlin said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
Been practing with the 1x scope for the Refuge hunt which starts tomorrow. It's like looking through binoculars backwards............
.......and that is the truth!

Linda figured it out.

IMG_2546.JPG

IMG_2545.JPG

Good luck on the Refuge; hopefully population is built back good. At least you won't have me messing up your hunt. ☺
Nice scope. Probably work better than my Vortex 1x
Refuge doesn't look promising. I looked around twice . But after waiting 6 years for this any deer tag I am going to give it a try.
Have you applied for the Refuge tag lately? You should come hunt this area sometime again and stop by to visit .
I have been hunting a lot of tribal tags lately for some elderly tribal members . I hunted for 3 ladies for antelope and I have 5 ladies that I will be hunting for for deer .

It's strange, the refuge went from gobjillions to nil in just one year. EHD gottum. That is the last year i hunted there--it was the year of the October blizzard. We sold the trailer, so my hunting is all close now. Fifty mile is a long haul for me anymore. The Vortex is the best 1X available, in my opinion, but as you know, leaves a lot to be desired.

Be there early, there is always a straggler; maybe you will get him. ☺

:yeah:

Looking at the Applejack sitting next to the cottonwood where I was for opening morning made me think I would love a stock just like it but with yellow instead of red :). The gray is perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_1569.JPG
    IMG_1569.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 250
Day one was a bust .

As the sun set I decided to head out through the gazillion cobwebs :) and call it a day

No action for AppleJack this time

Attachments

• IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1582.JPG
    IMG_1582.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 210
The hunting on the Refuge is lousy this year . Not seeing anything . I switched out AppleJack for the Zombie Omega and will keep looking . Gonna cool down tomorrow, maybe that will help . Seems the EHD really took a toll along with the change in habitat .
Good exercise if nothing else

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 177
A day hunting with some beautiful rifles is better than not. Hopefully it will get better. I'm in the same boat I drew out at a state park management hunt with my crossbow. Been trying to get in there for 6 years, Blue tongue has really hurt the population, 7 sits with 5 deer sightings and 4 were on the first. But it is nice to be out and only 20 min from the house. Good luck and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back