CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Does CVA BH209 Breach Plug Make a Difference?

Discuss non-smokeless Inline muzzleloading here! Inline rifles and shotgun talk is welcome here!

Moderators: sabotloader, cayuga, Senior Moderators

kz106

Does CVA BH209 Breach Plug Make a Difference?

Postby kz106 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 am

Hey all, I have a CVA optima V2. I shoot loose triple 7 powder out of my gun. Does anyone know or have experience using the CVA blackhorn/loose powder breech plug? Does it make any noticeable difference for you over the standard plug? Or are there any advantages using that over the standard? I assume the standard was designed for pellets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

toytruck
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Does CVA BH209 Breach Plug Make a Difference?

Postby toytruck » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am

I also have a CVA Optima V2 rifle I had the standard plugs modified to the BH209 plug as that is my powder of choice for this gun. Yes, the standard plug was designed for pellets. The BH209 plug will work just fine with loose triple seven with the concave design. Just be aware of the "crud ring" that will develop in front of the plug from using triple seven (due to the heat of 209 primers), but you probably already know that...
Steve

NRA Life member, NAHC Life member

Life may change us, but we start and end with family.

Common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

kz106

Re: RE: Re: Does CVA BH209 Breach Plug Make a Difference?

Postby kz106 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 am

toytruck wrote:I also have a CVA Optima V2 rifle I had the standard plugs modified to the BH209 plug as that is my powder of choice for this gun. Yes, the standard plug was designed for pellets. The BH209 plug will work just fine with loose triple seven with the concave design. Just be aware of the "crud ring" that will develop in front of the plug from using triple seven (due to the heat of 209 primers), but you probably already know that...
Okay thanks! And yeah I'm aware.. I thought about switching to blackhorn but I have too much T7 laying around and wanna use that up first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Return to “Inline Muzzleloading”