Berry's Muzzleloader bullets....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vabowhntr said:
Wonder how many you get for that price...

I sent them an email with that same question...but looking at a pic of a package of bullets at their site, I count 24...so $16.95 for 24 bullets sounds good to me...
Bulldog...

No but i use their plated bullets a lot for load development and plinking.

I prefer Rainiers though, they make the bullets for Harvester. Harvester Funnel Points are Rainier Hex points but some of them are exclusive to Harvester.

bulldog said:
vabowhntr said:
Wonder how many you get for that price...

I sent them an email with that same question...but looking at a pic of a package of bullets at their site, I count 24...so $16.95 for 24 bullets sounds good to me...
Bulldog...

Harvester Scorpion PT Golds 45cal 260gr and 300gr are roughly $21 for 50 without sabots and i know they work in my guns.

Sounds even better to me :D

I know this is an old post..but I just shot some of these...I got some from the LGS who had a few sample packs given to him by the Berry salesman and he gave me a pack to try out for him...and results were they shoot wicked...I used my Knight mountaineer ,50 and first 5 I used their sabot...which looked like a Harvester...I then tried some crush ribbed sabots and they grouped a bit better than supplied sabot...

shot at 50 at first to see how they fly..4 shots touching...then went to 100 and same thing...all touching...was surprised they shot so good...I saved a few to size for my .45 mountaineer...shot them sabotless...

I called the guy at the gun shop and said order some ..but I will order on line now from berry...going to call them to see if they sell bulk bullets only...its a cheap plated bullet but flys great...as good as the PT golds..

forgot to mention...the sabot is like a crushed rib but ribs go across sabot..strange design..

A quick word on Berry's plated bullets. I shoot A LOT of them in my .44 mag. I always heard that they're soft lead, the plating is thin and fragile etc. The plating is extremely tough. I use a firm crimp after seating them, and have never disturbed the plating. I've recovered a few, and the recovered bullets show clean rifling marks and crimp mark with no cutting into the lead. Also, I recovered one that went almost all the way through a small tree at 100 yards. Aside from the darkened color and the rifling marks, it looks like a new unfired bullet. They're a lot tougher than people think. I don't know how they'd perform on game but it's worth some experimenting.

Al-53 said:
I know this is an old post..but I just shot some of these...I got some from the LGS who had a few sample packs given to him by the Berry salesman and he gave me a pack to try out for him...and results were they shoot wicked...I used my Knight mountaineer ,50 and first 5 I used their sabot...which looked like a Harvester...I then tried some crush ribbed sabots and they grouped a bit better than supplied sabot...

I've tried them in my Accura V2 and haven't had the best results. I suspect the supplied sabots might not be a good fit for me as they load awfully easily, even easier than Harvester black crush ribs. The bullet itself looks pretty much like a standard 45 cal 250 gr ballistic point, except for the funky clear, blue ballistic tip. To be fair, I've not spent much time trying to develop a load and have only shot about 9 of them. I will give them some more time after hunting season is over, but I think I'm going to have to go to a different sabot to get them to work well for me and if I have to do that, there are other, more cost effective bullet sabot combos, that work for me. I wish they would consider selling the bullets separately without the supplied sabots.

Back