Worst inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know if that was around me I think I'd like to take the $40 challenge and try to restore it

How hard do you think a bolt will be to find. I may take a chance on this if I can get him to ship it.

Wow.. that is a crime. That rifle, other then the stock and maybe the trigger assembly is worth nothing. I would not want to pay too much for anything like that. Even inf you got the parts for it, I doubt the bore was taken care of at all.

I think it would be a waste of money.

Looks like a couple dollars in scrap to me. Some people just don't care about their equipment or are just plain too stupid.

I think he found it on a job. I was thinking breech plug, stock, trigger and the ramrod, the barrel is more than likely done. If he were close to me I would ride to look at it but 80 miles is a no go

That's a Knight T-bolt and and I actually own one. Although mine shoots well it is a pain to get clean because of the bolt assembly design. . The bolt assembly might be hard to find because I think they were only made one or two years. I would not mess with it unless I needed a stock for one I already owned.

In the aftermath of Sandy, theres finds like that all up the east coast about now. Theres a lot of what we call the barrier islands, or the eastern shore where people were evacuated and not even allowed back anywhere near home. it was patrolled by nat guard starting abt a week after following a few reports of looting by boats. there was broken gas lines, fires, and many homes shifted and half collapsed. it took months in some areas before people were allowed back to even start the rebuilding/ finiish demo/ search for belongings. so Im sure there were many gun collections that sat in salt water/sand.. for quite a while. There have been several entire safes found buried in the beach. firearms dug up/ searches for owners. Im sure many just got lost in the debris and ended up carted to landfills. theres probly a ton of guns like that to be had now. just like cars, boats, etc.. for sale, some advertise water damage, some try to hide that fact..caveat emptor.. and who knows who the real owner is.

Back