Remington 700 ML 209 conversion needed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atkins72

Reaction score
New to the forum and muzzleloading. I am not sure if this is the correct place for this question so please let me know if not.

I received a the above mentioned ML from my grandfather. He picked it up cheap at a clearance sale and only shot it once. I have shot it a few times using the stock #11 caps but had inconsistant ignition using brand new caps and powder. And if I understand things correctly I can get much better ballistics using powders approved for use with 209 primers than the powders approved for use with #11 caps. (Can someone confirm this?)

I am wanting to be able to shoot out to 250 yards on Whitetail and Mule Deer, thinking of shooting a Barnes 250GR.

I have seen several reviews of 209 conversion kits online but cannot find anyone that still sells them, are they still available? I have thought about just selling the ML and getting something else but I cant really justify spending the additional money.

I still have the 209 conversions for the 700ml.
They are 108.00 shipped or I can install the bolt kit if you need that service for 25.00
PM me if you need more information

Derfhunter,

Do you still have the Remington 700ml 50 caliber 209 conversion kits available?

Thanks

Derfhunter, What is included in the conversion kit for the Rem. 700 ML? I am interested in a kit also. Does it come with a new firing pin and spring? Thanks.

The kit contains a new firing pin, a bolt nose for the 209 primer and a breech plug with ventliner.
Price is 115.00 shipped. If you need a new main spring I have them for 5.00 extra.

I have a 700 ml that shoots #11 caps and always misfires and im looking for a 209 kit i hear they work great

The conversion kit that I got from derfhunter was the best thing I could have done for my Rem. ML. It was of the highest quality workmanship and cured all the blowback into the action. I would highly recommend derfhunters kit.

hunterphilly, my local gun shop has one conversion kit left. Check your PM. :D

All of the other 209 conversions will leave your 700ml a slamfire,which means the primer has nothing to hold it tight after the contact of the firing pin. This means blowby which necessitates bolt dis assembly and cleaning of the bolt( If you own one I would hope you have done this many times PIA).
With the hunter kit the gun is no longer a slam fire and full power of the primer goes to the powder.This makes a more dependable and much cleaner gun.
WELL WORTH THE EXTRA EXPENSE!

I would love one of these conversions for my 700 but mine is a 54 cal. Are there any available for a 54?

derfhunter said:
I still have the 209 conversions for the 700ml.
They are 108.00 shipped or I can install the bolt kit if you need that service for 25.00
PM me if you need more information
derfhunter I need a 700ml 209 conversion if available

Back