Timney Trigger Adjustmnent - creep & pull

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks sabotloader, trigger is actually fine, just wanted to know who made it?

Like reading these posts even if they are years old,Anyone in the U.S.M.C. from my days remembers BRASS, 67-to 71 M-14. Breath, Relax,SLACK,Squeeze.take up slack slow till you feel the pressure on the trigger then squeeze and it should be a big surprise when the rifle goes off.That's for all the people who can't buy a timmy for your rifle.We will talk about the M-16 trigger another day.

For all of us newbies:

What is creep in a trigger? :think:
Creep is the detectable movement of a trigger that doesn't result in the release of the sear. Good triggers have no detectable creep. An average single-stage trigger may have just a single spot of movement/creep, while a poor one moves and pauses, moves and pauses several times before release.

What is the sear (pull) in a trigger? :think:
The sear is the part of the trigger mechanism that holds the hammer, striker, or bolt back until the correct amount of pressure has been applied to the trigger; at which point the hammer, striker, or bolt is released to discharge the weapon.

:prayer: Experts: Please edit these definitions as needed.

Just what the others have said above and gone into greater detail than that I have attached here, but I found I had this document now so here's this to share as it matches the Timney I have.

Attachments

• Timney Featherweight Instructions.pdf
    195 KB · Views: 17
Back