Time to Upgrade my Omega to a ????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold an omega and got a knight. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

had 4 knight rifles now i still have 2. sold a wolverine to get the omega that i had. it was cool. less to clean.
in the end the omega has 2 things against it. a longer barrel and less loading pressure.
the tc web site says 28 inches on the omega, ramrod is 24 inches. Knight rifle website says 26 inches on the bighorn barrel the ramrod is 26 inches. i guess my bighorn has a 30inch barrel.
as far as loading pressure my little wife could never load the omega, i had to use both hands and all my upper body strengh to push a bullet down. she can load the bighorn and the wolverine just fine. in fact she loaded it 5 times and fired it while i was talking to a friend at the range.

<sorry just read your last post. keep what you got, it will work. im a Knight man. they are accurate rifles. i also wanted to shoot lead if i wanted to.>

trigger8mm said:
had 4 knight rifles now i still have 2. sold a wolverine to get the omega that i had. it was cool. less to clean.
in the end the omega has 2 things against it. a longer barrel and less loading pressure.
the tc web site says 28 inches on the omega, ramrod is 24 inches. Knight rifle website says 26 inches on the bighorn barrel the ramrod is 26 inches. i guess my bighorn has a 30inch barrel.
as far as loading pressure my little wife could never load the omega, i had to use both hands and all my upper body strengh to push a bullet down. she can load the bighorn and the wolverine just fine. in fact she loaded it 5 times and fired it while i was talking to a friend at the range.

<sorry just read your last post. keep what you got, it will work. im a Knight man. they are accurate rifles. i also wanted to shoot lead if i wanted to.>

FWIW, Most loading troubles due to a tight fit can be eliminated by trial & error with different sabots & bullets. One may have to order sabots separately from a company like 'Harvester' or go with 'low drag', 'easy-glide' offerings. I had a buddy who kept trying to stuff tight fitting saboted bullets down his Omega. I was able to steer him to the 'crush rib' sabots, he may even need a little more or some bullet size adjustment. It's hard trying to push your ramrod against a tree while up in a stand.

muskrat30 said:
trigger8mm said:

FWIW, Most loading troubles due to a tight fit can be eliminated by trial & error with different sabots & bullets. One may have to order sabots separately from a company like 'Harvester' or go with 'low drag', 'easy-glide' offerings. I had a buddy who kept trying to stuff tight fitting saboted bullets down his Omega. I was able to steer him to the 'crush rib' sabots, he may even need a little more or some bullet size adjustment. It's hard trying to push your ramrod against a tree while up in a stand.

I was using crush rib and she still couldn't get it all the way down. But after I got her, her own wolverine she does every thing by her self. except clean You don't know sexy till you see a woman take a spit patch out of her mouth.
She's not that bad of a shot either.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back