Very first target

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Today turned out really nice, weather wise and I couldn't stand it. I stood in mud over my ankles in front of the bench and sat on 2" of ice on the other. Still I had to try the new rifle. The trigger was slightly heavier than I prefer, so when I cleaned it, I lowered it. I've yet to put the gage on it. And yes, it cleans up in a snap....... EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.....

So that is 9 in less than an inch? :shock: 8) Wow is right. Good shooting.

ShawnT said:
So that is 9 in less than an inch? :shock: 8) Wow is right. Good shooting.

Man, this thing shoots and I am impressed. I talked with a number of owners who told me what to expect and they were right. The true test will be of "me" when I can start shooting longer range after this snow goes. That .45 Win Mag case seals perfect and the inside after firing isn't any different than before its fired. I'm impressed with the breech plug system.

Congratulations.

I first seen those Ultimates around 15, maybe more years ago at the Woods-n-Water Show in Imlay City.

Always check them out at the shows. Talked to Ken and Randy several times over the years, but they haven't talked me into pulling the trigger on one. Yet!

That ignition system is awesome, and most can't seem to grasp the concept of how well it works to burn that stack of pellets. And, how it completely burns the pellets. I know they clean up in a snap, but the non-removable breech plug, has always been my hang-up, even more than the price.

I know the new Remington will never be an Ultimate, but it might have a removable breech plug, and it is supposed to handle 200 grains .af pellets. That rifle may be enough for me? Time will tell, hopefully soon?

Enjoy that rifle, it's definitely the King of the smokers.

Busta said:
That ignition system is awesome, and most can't seem to grasp the concept of how well it works to burn that stack of pellets. And, how it completely burns the pellets. I know they clean up in a snap, but the non-removable breech plug, has always been my hang-up, even more than the price.

I know the new Remington will never be an Ultimate, but it might have a removable breech plug, and it is supposed to handle 200 grains .af pellets. That rifle may be enough for me? Time will tell, hopefully soon?

Enjoy that rifle, it's definitely the King of the smokers.

Burning those pellets like they do, just amazes the heck out of me and I shot it. That ignition system he developed is something else. The residue around the brake was like fine flour dust. I know what you mean about the non-removable breech plug but.... if you remember before the Knight came out, we shot hundreds of rounds and never removed a breech plug. We're so used to removing them now, its hard to comprehend not removing it. I talked to one owner who has had his for ten years and states there's no need to ever remove it.
During my conversation with Ken, he explained that unless a shooter does something wrong, the breech plug should never have to be removed. Although most think that its non-removable, it actually can be removed and replaced. Ken said that if someone had a problem, it would be related to the patch having to much Butch's Bore Shine on it. He actually provides a pre-lubed container of them and STRESSES to feel them and NEVER saturate a patch more than the samples. As long as the bore shine doesn't get inside the flash hole/channel, there's no never a need to remove it.
What we (I) have to realize is, this is just a different way of loading, shooting and cleaning. Boy.... that brake works!

Impressive...... I would have guessed it was a White that shot that group.

How close is that bell of the scope to the barrel,hard to tell from my phone
Steve

Ultimate.....I'd reckon so!!! Very nice looking rig and great shooting...I'm impressed...I'm sure you are pleased after the wait and anticipation, pays to think things through like you did, and now you are satisfied and no one else has to be...cause they ain't got one dime in this decision, it was for you!!!!!!

that is a beautiful rifle and scope and an obvious fantastic shooting rifle. No you have no excuses when you miss. Hope to see more range reports.

Squeeze said:
Man, If I had the money right now, I would have bought this. Nice deal http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=406917746

It would be slightly cheaper to order it right from Ultimate Firearms for $2,968.00, get the same items and, that includes Michigan's 6% sales tax. $2,500 for the rifle, add $300 for the brake, that's $2,800. Michigan's 6% will cost you an additional $168.

From that seller, you'd end up with $3,166. Of course shipping on both......... But new direct from Ultimate Firearms you'd save $200 :wink:

Really? wow Been Looking at some swinglocks and others. every one is up over 5k for base, Plus whatever extra/scope etc. and avg 2 year + wait time. Hmmm Might have just changed my mind

Squeeze said:
Really? wow Been Looking at some swinglocks and others. every one is up over 5k for base, Plus whatever extra/scope etc. and avg 2 year + wait time. Hmmm Might have just changed my mind

I guess if a guy has more money than he knows what to do with, even $2968 is hard to justify, let alone over $5,000. Just ask the wife! I did what many do and that's to clean out the safe of firearms that I had and never used. It just takes some time doing it that way and you have to find the right person, looking to purchase each specific firearm. Then once you get the money for the rifle, then its time to consider the scope. You sure won't be spending that much on a rifle, then skimp on glass. Tack on another $1,500 for a scope and that's one heck of an investment! Then a $5,000 base rifle is up to $6,500 or over. Holy smokes! That may be achievable for a guy with lots of money or, a young guy with a good job but, for an old retired fart, its out of the question.

Latest posts

Back