Getting the Most Out of a T/C Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C Broad Arrow

Reaction score
I have been working to bring my Omega up to an acceptable standard of accuracy. I have played with a wide range of powders and forms (Loose vs Pellet) I narrowed it to BH209 and worked up a load from 90 grains to 110.

BH209 at 100 grains showed some good performance, so ever the tinkerer I upped the charge to 105 grains with excellent results as shown below. Shots 1 & 2 are touching. Shot 3 I flinched. SHooting a 50 in a t-shirt hurts after AWHILE! :(

C Broad Arrow

The Omega is a great rifle! I hhad a couple of them and shoot the heck out of the SS model that i had. After I got the stock fit problem worked out - it was deadly accurate with just about anything that i would put down the barrel.

This was shot using both T7 and BH with a 25acp ignition system. Shot #3 was with a standard primer - resulting in a very slight hang fire. Shot #4 with a Mag primer was instant ignition and everything was well in the world again :)

Latest posts

Back