MMP standard black sabots/Harvester CR black

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been exploring the forum and saw a suggestion for the MMP standard black .50 cal. sabot for .45 cal. .452 diam. bullets. I've been using the .50 cal. black Harvester crush rib sabots with Hornady .45 cal. .452 xtp pistol bullets. Is there any difference in ease of loading between the two sabots? The Harvesters do load easy and I like that, but I notice they load a bit less easy with .452 than .451 bullets (of course they would). Wondering if the MMPs would load the .452s easier. Thanks.

for me, the harvester loads easier in the same gun, with the same bullet. But MMP also has some even thinner models. The hph-24 to me, seems pretty close to the harvester, I havent Tried the 3 petal yet, which is supposed to be a bit Thinner still.

LoveSabots said:
I've been exploring the forum and saw a suggestion for the MMP standard black .50 cal. sabot for .45 cal. .452 diam. bullets. I've been using the .50 cal. black Harvester crush rib sabots with Hornady .45 cal. .452 xtp pistol bullets. Is there any difference in ease of loading between the two sabots? The Harvesters do load easy and I like that, but I notice they load a bit less easy with .452 than .451 bullets (of course they would). Wondering if the MMPs would load the .452s easier. Thanks.

The Standard Black MMP is a HPH-12 which is thicker than a Standard Black Harvester. As suggested the HPH-24 is very comparable to the Standard Harvester Black sabot. MMP also makes a HPH-3p-EZ load that is comparable to the Harvester Black Crush Rib.

MMP also offers another black 50x45 sabot that is thicker and with shorter petals than any of the sabots discussed above.

Latest posts

Back