Peifer Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteo

Reaction score
I have a Tss-93 50 cal. stainless Peifer rifle. I have had no luck in contacting the manufacturer about purchasing a new breech plug. I know that Ralph Peifer passed away many years ago. Does anyone know where a replacement breech plug could be obtained? Thanks.

Depending on the shape, size and threads of the breech plug, sometimes you can find one from another style rifle that might fit. Could you post a picture of the breech plug?

well first off what is wrong with the breech plug? If its just shot out then a vent liner is the best answer.

Thank you Cayuga. I will have to take it apart and post pics this weekend. The breech plug has a raised round end with a flame hole thru it. I do not know the size of the orifice. The raised round end indexes the primer bolt and allows the primer bolt to turn for safe and fire. The primer bolt holds a 209 primer.
Here is a link for a schematic of the rifles mechanisms. The color photo shows the primer bolt out of the rifle with the grooves that index the bolt on the breech plug. If you click the right arrow it will show you the cut away drawing. Thanks.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/ ... =yfp-t-269

Hey Lee, the breech plug does not have a removable liner like my Savage ml. The breech plug and rifle were neglected and left for many years in an uncleaned state. The breech plug appears to have been dropped or hit on the primer bolt indexing raised round as it has been flattened at an angle and I was desiring a new replacement or two. Thanks.

If you could take your old breech plug to a machine shop they could probably make a new one for you. I know there are some on this forum that have the expertise to make and or repair breech plugs.

Latest posts

Back